Quantcast

Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

gibbsy

Thanks, learning all the time.
I cannot get the TV to recognise bluetooth devices. It does not find my BT headphones which are found readily by my computer. Any ideas how to fix this?
BTW, this set has a cracking sound from the sound bar. 😊
I purchased from Richer Sounds. £1599 = bargain. 😊😊😊
Sorry can't help with headphones I use hardwired either from my receiver or headphone amp. Good price paid though.

Barrovian

Thanks, learning all the time.
I cannot get the TV to recognise bluetooth devices. It does not find my BT headphones which are found readily by my computer. Any ideas how to fix this?
BTW, this set has a cracking sound from the sound bar. 😊
I purchased from Richer Sounds. £1599 = bargain. 😊😊😊
I don’t use Bluetooth headphones either, but have you tried menu>set up>Bluetooth set up (Ok) Then select Bluetooth audio mode setting and select transmitter. Press ok. It’s covered on page 274 of the e help manual I downloaded from Panasonic👍🏻

Hi, just received my new telly. When I choose an HD TV channel, just before the picture shows, I see 1080i show momentarily (white text on a black background, top left of screen.. I would have thought this would be 1080p. Any comments?
Any "real" TV channel as opposed to streaming services will be 1080i50 (HD) or 576i50 (SD) in the UK.

nickpike

Standard Member
Any "real" TV channel as opposed to streaming services will be 1080i50 (HD) or 576i50 (SD) in the UK.
Thanks for the info.
I had my computer running, which the headphones are already paired with, when I tried to pair the headphones with the TV. I turned the computer off and was then able to pair with the TV. So I guess any BT device can only be paired with one other device at a time.

Watchdog

Standard Member
Hey guys, so I’ve had my fz950 (canada) for about a year now, but i’ve been reading that a lot of people who have LG’s have to enable their hdmi inputs to become full fat and support full 4k HDR etc... is this the case for us owners too? Everything I’ve used or played says 2160p and HDR for games on xbox one x, but I just want to make sure if I need to be enabling any hdmi ports for it too? Can someone shed some light on this?

gwarde

Approaching 950 hours on my TV so expecting the 80 minute clean imminently. Do I need to do anything, or will it just do it's own thing when I switch off the TV. Any guidance on what to expect appreciated.

Barrovian

Approaching 950 hours on my TV so expecting the 80 minute clean imminently. Do I need to do anything, or will it just do it's own thing when I switch off the TV. Any guidance on what to expect appreciated.
Nothing special required. Your TV will tell you the long panel maintenance is due by way on an onscreen message when you switch to standby around the 1000 hour mark. Select yes or no. If it's an inconvenient time, then select no, and the message will re-appear next time you switch to standby. I let mine run overnight. My set has done three long panel maintenance runs with no ill effects.

Desafino

Standard Member
Hey guys, so I’ve had my fz950 (canada) for about a year now, but i’ve been reading that a lot of people who have LG’s have to enable their hdmi inputs to become full fat and support full 4k HDR etc... is this the case for us owners too? Everything I’ve used or played says 2160p and HDR for games on xbox one x, but I just want to make sure if I need to be enabling any hdmi ports for it too? Can someone shed some light on this?
I have a FZ950C too.
No need to enable any HDMI ports.
HDMI ports 3 and 4 aren’t full-bandwidth – they can play 4K at 60Hz or 50Hz, but chroma will be capped at 4:2:0.
HDMI 1 & 2 (on the side of the TV) are the only two full-bandwidth ports, use those for your XBOX..etc.

Also, go into the TV Menu > Setup > HDMI Auto Setting, and make sure HDMI 1 & 2 are set to = Mode 2.

Cheers!

Watchdog

Standard Member
Ok perfect! That’s what I thought as well. I do have them labeled as Mode 2... just wanted to make sure because users of LG have reported that they have to “enable” the ports to go full fat.

my next question to you is, would you happen to know what I can use HDMI 3/4 for, without compromising anything? Reason being is that I have quite a few devices and want to make sure I get the best possible picture.

so currently I have my xbox one x in hdmi 1, cable box in hdmi 2, nintendo switch in hdmi 3 and amazon firestick 4k in hdmi 4. So should I opt for an hdmi switch hub? Or is everything ok this way? Reason im asking is if the firestick 4k needs to be plugged into hdmi 1 or 2 to get the full benefit? Or should I switch the cable box with the firestick?

gwarde

Nothing special required. Your TV will tell you the long panel maintenance is due by way on an onscreen message when you switch to standby around the 1000 hour mark. Select yes or no. If it's an inconvenient time, then select no, and the message will re-appear next time you switch to standby. I let mine run overnight. My set has done three long panel maintenance runs with no ill effects.
Perfect, thanks very much I shall do it overnight once I receive the prompt.

gibbsy

I've just gone through my second full 80 minute clean up. Both have been problem free. Let it run overnight.

Marshall Mike

Could one of you gents remind me how to tell how many hours my panel has done from the system info screen please?

CHoly

Standard Member
LG today announced the availability of Apple TV in their top-end 2018 and 2019 models. I believe that Samsung had a similar announcement some months ago.

Is there any information on Apple TV being supported by Panasonic ?

MultiRoom

LG today announced the availability of Apple TV in their top-end 2018 and 2019 models. I believe that Samsung had a similar announcement some months ago.

Is there any information on Apple TV being supported by Panasonic ?
If Panasonic update the FZ/2018 range of TVs with Apple TV, or any other new feature for that matter, I will eat my hat. It will never happen.

Andy Clark

Interesting about the 4K Pure Direct - Does anyone have a list or can point me in the direction of somewhere that details what affect each choice of input etc. has, as it seems as though choosing 1 or 2 options could actually lessen the quality of the image.

It's a bit of an unexpected result, that one - but it was the same on the previous EZ and it's the same on the subsequent GZ. Engaging Game Mode does exactly the same. Indeed, I'm yet to work out what the difference between those two modes actually is - if any!

nickpike

Standard Member
I've connected my 5.1 sound system using an optical cable. The volume is appreciably higher on the 5.1 system when tuned to radio stations rather than TV stations. Anyone know why, and can I adjust something to give more volume from the TV sources? BTW, the Volume Correction in settings has no effect on the 5.1 system. And nor does other settings like Surround Sound or Equaliser. The PCM setting is 0db.
BTW, Surround Sound through the soundbar just sounds strange, certainly not surround. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

gibbsy

I've connected my 5.1 sound system using an optical cable. The volume is appreciably higher on the 5.1 system when tuned to radio stations rather than TV stations. Anyone know why, and can I adjust something to give more volume from the TV sources? BTW, the Volume Correction in settings has no effect on the 5.1 system. And nor does other settings like Surround Sound or Equaliser. The PCM setting is 0db.
BTW, Surround Sound through the soundbar just sounds strange, certainly not surround. Is there anything I can do to correct this?
For you to get surround sound from the soundbar you need to set under sound in the menu, SPDIF to Dolby Sound.

nickpike

Standard Member
For you to get surround sound from the soundbar you need to set under sound in the menu, SPDIF to Dolby Sound.
Many thanks.

I did as you say and the bar still sounds the same. It's not surround at all, but just gets louder. SPDIF according to Help makes changes to the digital output (presumably optics cable?) only and has no effect on the bar. Also, settings like balance and Volume adjustment only affects the bar and not the 5.1 system.

gibbsy

Many thanks.

I did as you say and the bar still sounds the same. It's not surround at all, but just gets louder. SPDIF according to Help makes changes to the digital output (presumably optics cable?) only and has no effect on the bar. Also, settings like balance and Volume adjustment only affects the bar and not the 5.1 system.
You have the attached soundbar and a receiver attached. I don't know how the bar is attached but if you have the optical output to the receiver then any audio problems may be down to the receiver's settings or your position of the your speakers. FWIW I just have the 802 so no soundbar but an optical connection to a Denon receiver and it sounds very good to me. TV audio and streamed content volume can differ from programme to programme and not all are in 5.1.