Quantcast

Panasonic FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

corky121

Standard Member
I managed to get to the menu using remote app on my phone whilst the TV was still going mad flicking between mute and volume.
I've got mixed up with the 10,000 on status 5 sorry, thought that seemed alot of hours watching!
I believe that means 1,004 hours, and I think the 548 relates to power cycles. How many times it's been put in and out of standby. So you appear to have had the big cycle at the appropriate time, just for whatever reason you have unfortunately encountered this fault you describe. Panny or the retailer should resolve to your satisfaction.
I will contact Costco tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks very much.

Wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. My Fz952 was in standby mode, I go to switch it on via remote, green light on TV flashes several times, then goes solid green, all of a sudden constant flashing green, Mute keeps coming up then volume, then mute and so on. I turn tv off, remove plug for 1 min and try again but same problem again but this time it comes up to do Panel Maintenance. I do the panel maintenance hoping it will sort it but it hasn't. Constant flashing green, and in standby its constant flashing red. I've only just done 10,000 hours. Anyone seen this before?
Just double check that you don't have something inadvertently pressing down the button of another remote control in the room.

corky121

Standard Member
Just double check that you don't have something inadvertently pressing down the button of another remote control in the room.
I've disconnected everything from the TV, took the batteries out the tv remotes, reset to factory settings, done the panel maintenance, still the same... didn't think about the apple tv remote did I. Took it out the room and all is fine again. Well and truly embarrassed myself here and thank god I didn't phone Panasonic over that. Thanks very much and sorry for being so stupid just didn't think about the apple tv remote(not sure what's up with it as no buttons are pressed in so maybe needs charging). Christ I'm stupid.

tonyrees687

Lol Its great thats its fixed @corky121 panic over. Bl^^dy Apple that was the problem when the girlfriend had a go.

Barrovian

I've disconnected everything from the TV, took the batteries out the tv remotes, reset to factory settings, done the panel maintenance, still the same... didn't think about the apple tv remote did I. Took it out the room and all is fine again. Well and truly embarrassed myself here and thank god I didn't phone Panasonic over that. Thanks very much and sorry for being so stupid just didn't think about the apple tv remote(not sure what's up with it as no buttons are pressed in so maybe needs charging). Christ I'm stupid.
Brilliant. That’s great news. As usual, @steverobertsbbc comrs to the rescue after the rest of us doom mongers predict the worst🙂 And don’t worry about feeling stupid. If it’s stupid you want, go back in this thread and find my panic posts about my dimming LED. The one I’d forgotten I’d put a light dim sticker over🙄😂

@corky121 , glad you found the problem! Only thought about it because I'd had something similar happen to me years ago. :)

steve sph

Only had the TV for about 6 months from Costco and they don't sell it anymore. Do I contact Costco or Panasonic? Gutted if I can't get this tv again if it can't be fixed, I only paid 1300 new from Costco, wont get a TV as good as this was for that now will I?
Well actually yes you could - in fact one that's slightly better in that it has Dolby Vision and HCX Processor, (whatever that is).
It's the GZ 950B which is currently one shiny new penny cheaper at £1299 with Curry's, (and possibly cheaper if you shop around).
If I were you I'd ask Costco to replace it with one of those.
But make sure you get your penny change ;)

EDIT - just read the above so ignore my advice and hope it all goes swimmingly from here on in.

Hostile18

Something like this would be good. View attachment 1247029
It actually came a day early! So I'm setting it up today. All the picturers I find online and the instructions have the front right and front left speakers closer to the side of the tv, so the side speakers are at say 3 and 9 o'clock and the front sides are at 10 and 2 o'clock rather than the extremes of the front wall, so hard to know where to put them for the best lol.

corky121

Standard Member
Well actually yes you could - in fact one that's slightly better in that it has Dolby Vision and HCX Processor, (whatever that is).
It's the GZ 950B which is currently one shiny new penny cheaper at £1299 with Curry's, (and possibly cheaper if you shop around).
If I were you I'd ask Costco to replace it with one of those.
But make sure you get your penny change ;)

EDIT - just read the above so ignore my advice and hope it all goes swimmingly from here on in.
For 65 inch? Mine is the 65 fz952 forgot to say sorry

Hostile18

Feeling sorry for myself. Spent all day setting up my Onkyo all in one and running into rear left speaker not detected (no sound) and a weird glitch of initial selectable initial test tones not working but working on the next step ( apart from rear left).

I've posted a thread in detail here and emailed the seller. Really sucks after spending ages setting it all up. :(

I'm a novice though so only trouble shooting strong I could think of was to unplug are reseat wire both ends. Don't want to do anything risky with it been brand new that might invalidate my warranty.

cezarL

From the other thread, it sounds like you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Hopefully it's not too late now for another comment on the speaker arrangement (not sure if you're wall-mounting them or not):
Don't know if they specified this in the manual, but for a "proper" Atmos experience the side speakers should be positioned at an angle between 90 and 110 degrees relative to your seated position and, equally important, at ear-level.
I learned this the hard way when I had to drill new holes in the wall for my sides, to bring them down to ear-level; had them three feet above before going Atmos, as that was the recommendation before object-based audio :)
More info and some audio clips for testing here: Dolby Atmos Speaker Setup Guide

PS- Sorry we've strayed off-topic :)

Hostile18

From the other thread, it sounds like you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Hopefully it's not too late now for another comment on the speaker arrangement (not sure if you're wall-mounting them or not):
Don't know if they specified this in the manual, but for a "proper" Atmos experience the side speakers should be positioned at an angle between 90 and 110 degrees relative to your seated position and, equally important, at ear-level.
I learned this the hard way when I had to drill new holes in the wall for my sides, to bring them down to ear-level; had them three feet above before going Atmos, as that was the recommendation before object-based audio :)
More info and some audio clips for testing here: Dolby Atmos Speaker Setup Guide

PS- Sorry we've strayed off-topic :)
Yep I got them placed just right! Debating on cutting down the wires or just leaving quite a bit of excess now :). It all sounds amazing. So much more immersive.

cezarL

Do NOT cut wires if you can hide them.
Saves you a few quid (and time wasted rewiring) if you ever decide to rearrange/redecorate.
That's another one I learned the hard way :)

Hostile18

Do NOT cut wires if you can hide them.
Saves you a few quid (and time wasted rewiring) if you ever decide to rearrange/redecorate.
That's another one I learned the hard way :)
Aw I did the rears, left the rest (thought it might help with them been hard to be recognised by the initial autocalibration software (had to reconnect about 5 times to identify everything as plugged in, always just one or neither of the rears not making sound). Strange there really hard for the amp to pick up but once they are recognised no issues with them at all.. unless I take out a wire and have to do intital process again. Still all done now, i can sit back and relax :)

Chris2302

A black dead pixel has appeared at the very top edge of my FZ800 display. You can’t see it from around 2 feet back. I’ve had ur around 15 months. Apart from this the display is perfect. Anyway to get rid of it? Is this normal?

Barrovian

When I first switched mine on, I noticed a stuck black pixel. But it disappeared after a screen refresh. If you are lucky, yours may go away, but it might not. I'm not sure if you'd get anyone, be it your retailer or Panasonic to replace the screen over one stuck pixel. There's no harm in asking, but I think you might be for want of a better word, stuck with it.

Daveykinetic

Just contacted Panasonic again about my panel. Its the red tint that's causing the green football pitch to look washed out at each angle I look at it. I'm sure this is not normal right? I've sent them the same pics on live chat and they are being forwarded to their engineers for review. Hopefully I get a new panel. Anyone know if there is any fz802 panels left still?
Just had this reply from Panasonic about the red tinting. I feel like I'm being fobbed off. Anyone else had a panel replaced due to red tinting? How can they say these pics are within spec is beyond me. I feel like I've been robbed. Any suggestions to where I could go from here?

Attachments

Hostile18

I had a massive uphill battle with tint on the LG range so I feel your pain. I couldn't live with it so sold it and got this tv which is tint free.

If I ever had to buy a tv again of course I'd choose OLED but I'd 100% go with a retailer that has a great return policy with regards to tint. Been a gamer as well it's a massive issue.

Daveykinetic

I had a massive uphill battle with tint on the LG range so I feel your pain. I couldn't live with it so sold it and got this tv which is tint free.

If I ever had to buy a tv again of course I'd choose OLED but I'd 100% go with a retailer that has a great return policy with regards to tint. Been a gamer as well it's a massive issue.

I just wish I knew about tinting before now. My ez952 developed the panel maintenance burn in so Panasonic sent me the fz802. I've had the fz802 since June. Maybe they are reluctant to give me another tv or replacement panel but in the same respect they cant expect customers to put up with tinting as bad as it is on mine. I also might be forced to sell as I cant stand it either. I've got a ks7000 or a vt65 I could replace it with till OLED tech gets better

Hostile18

I just wish I knew about tinting before now. My ez952 developed the panel maintenance burn in so Panasonic sent me the fz802. I've had the fz802 since June. Maybe they are reluctant to give me another tv or replacement panel but in the same respect they cant expect customers to put up with tinting as bad as it is on mine. I also might be forced to sell as I cant stand it either. I've got a ks7000 or a vt65 I could replace it with till OLED tech gets better
Yeah it really is the luck of the draw with tinting across all brands. I saw mine on everything remotely uniform. Once your eyes no where to look that's all you could see in every scene.

I do think OLED is worth the risk because when you get a tint free one it's so good, but yeah it was a hassle getting one. None of these tvs should have tint at this price range.

nickpike

Standard Member
Hi, just received my new telly. When I choose an HD TV channel, just before the picture shows, I see 1080i show momentarily (white text on a black background, top left of screen.. I would have thought this would be 1080p. Any comments? The picture certainly looks great.
Nick

gibbsy

Hi, just received my new telly. When I choose an HD TV channel, just before the picture shows, I see 1080i show momentarily (white text on a black background, top left of screen.. I would have thought this would be 1080p. Any comments? The picture certainly looks great.
Nick
That's the incoming signal. The TV will upscale to 2160p. If it didn't the picture would have a black border all around.

nickpike

Standard Member
That's the incoming signal. The TV will upscale to 2160p. If it didn't the picture would have a black border all around.
Thanks, learning all the time.
I cannot get the TV to recognise bluetooth devices. It does not find my BT headphones which are found readily by my computer. Any ideas how to fix this?
BTW, this set has a cracking sound from the sound bar. 😊
I purchased from Richer Sounds. £1599 = bargain. 😊😊😊