Panasonic FZ 45 - can anyone give me the low down.

Jammyb

Novice Member
Good camera but been replaced with the superior FZ48 which is £266 new on amazon so wouldn't pay £200 for a used older model.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Well the price is in Euros, so thats about £165 in uk money. It does come with what looks like everything, so what do you think at that sort of price. Bare in mind Ive never owned any sort of SLR and currently own no camera.

kpjf

I saw the FZ47 (the 47 is just America's name for the 48 I think) for 250 dollars new - according to xe.com that's £160 but when i put in UK postage was coming up as well over 100 dollars! However, I guess you have customs etc anyway. Shame though that the Americans can get this camera for that price. It was even on for 200 dollars on some site called newegg, but sold out.

I wonder why the price of this is so cheap in the USA but in the UK it's actually costing more in pounds than dollars

Have you not tried ebay? I don't know if it's a decent camera but seems to have sold quite a lot and very popular.

Here's a review of the 45: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45 Review | PhotographyBLOG and one of the 48 if you're interested: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48 Review | PhotographyBLOG

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Yes good camera's and with some editing you can get this

Urbanmoon2011.jpg

So I would say go for it..........as with all bridge camera's there are limitations but if you work with the camera within the limit's of what it can do then worth the money IMO

icemanonline

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
How do you mean bridge camera, you mean its not an SLR?

Bear in mind I am a novice looking for a first decent camera to take some good quality pictures of the family etc.

shotokan101

Suspended
How do you mean bridge camera, you mean its not an SLR?

Bear in mind I am a novice looking for a first decent camera to take some good quality pictures of the family etc.

No it's not an SLR - it's basicaly a large compact with SLR styling and a small sensor like most compact cameras and a large magnification factor zoom lens.

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom