Panasonic FX750 HDR LED TV Review / Owners Thread

Ok Rupert have a nice day. Enjoy HDR
Uhhh I’m so confused, but each time I’ve viewed a Samsung NU8000 I’ve been confused why people recommend it because it’s been terrible?! Am I missing something?
Do you have photos/videos of it being awful as I’d be interested to see before I purchase one? Thank you :)

I have photos but they were taken using my iPhone 6 which hasn't got a good camera. That is the kind of issue you may see when viewing HDR content from netflix or any other source where there are black bars. The fluctuations are pretty distracting and that is in a well lit room. I even turned the backlight down to 50 for HDR which kinda defeats the object of higher dynamic range. Even then the backlight still is noticeably fluctuating in the corners. You may be better off looking at the Sony xf90 which is the same price if you can live with Android. It'll be better in HDR but will have narrow viewing angles. If you wish to save money get the Samsung q6 which again will have better HDR but narrow viewing angles.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, is it backlight bleed & the black bars been gray in widescreen & HDR the issues you have been having? I notice more light bleed & the black bars are more grayer than my VA CX802b LED tv.

I expected the black bars to be greyer because it's an IPS based tv. However i don't see why it always pools light in one corner. According to Panasonic i am watching the wrong content! HDR apparently isn't normal content.

I expected the black bars to be greyer because it's an IPS based tv. However i don't see why it always pools light in one corner. According to Panasonic i am watching the wrong content! HDR apparently isn't normal content.
Hi, I notice a flicker in the black bars which I just assume is the adaptive backlight. Panasonic's reply to you was unhelpful. You have 2 options either try to ignore the fault or use you're consumers rights the TV is not fit for the purpose you bought it for.

Hi, I notice a flicker in the black bars which I just assume is the adaptive backlight. Panasonic's reply to you was unhelpful. You have 2 options either try to ignore the fault or use you're consumers rights the TV is not fit for the purpose you bought it for.

Honestly it was the reply i expected. At the end of the day they have the money i paid and now don't wish to know. People need to know how shoddy their aftersales service really is. I don't think i'll be going further i just don't have the time. I'll just watch normal content as they put it from now on and the HDR stuff on the OLED downstairs!

Panasonic do have terrible customer service & they have terrible software updates too. They don't update the apps very often.

Just wanted to thank all the owners here for sharing their experiences which contributed heavily to me choosing the fx750.

I've been in the market since last September when my old Finlux 4k got some severe clouding issues. Bought into 4k too early and too cheap. It was only £800 back in 2016 which was very cheap at the time for 4k.

So fast forward to now and I've watched all the classifieds for something that I liked. Was realignment on getting a dx902 but I decided instead to capitalize on the 5 years warranty and go for the lastest. Wasn't prepared to have to babysit my screen like i would with an oled, fall asleep to the tv too often and game for far too long. So i read on here about the fx750 in the absence of any decent reviews.

Got mine on Friday and have had it going through its paces over the weekend and I am thoroughly pleased. Planet earth 2 looks amazing on 4k bluray, then i gave The last jedi a run, followed by The martian. Couldn't believe the colours and the blacks. Played some assassins creed odyssey and it looked so life like. Today I've watched some of the new dynasties documentary which is even more stunning than planet earth and even my standard blurays look amazing. Really hAppy with this TV. Setup some good settings using suggestions on here, true cinema with tweaks, and also set up some custom ones for the nature blurays where I found higher backlighting was improving the picture.

Just settling down for a night of royal rumble with pizza and my new panny! I can see why people regard the brand so highly.

Thanks everyone.

Panasonic do have terrible customer service & they have terrible software updates too. They don't update the apps very often.

I disagree, I got an FX750 free due to my previous set going faulty after a couple of years and that was installed as well! I have also noted a few others got the same following issues with their sets (one even got the size up as they ran out of stock!)

I think rupert has just been unlucky with his set, my set has no such light bleed that he is seeing (I would not be happy either). That said, I would ask for it to be escalated in writing and see what they say.

I am over the moon with my set. Hope you get your issue resolved!

I disagree, I got an FX750 free due to my previous set going faulty after a couple of years and that was installed as well! I have also noted a few others got the same following issues with their sets (one even got the size up as they ran out of stock!)

I think rupert has just been unlucky with his set, my set has no such light bleed that he is seeing (I would not be happy either). That said, I would ask for it to be escalated in writing and see what they say.

I agree that people will have good & bad experiences with panasonic. The CX802b that i have they took ages to update the tv with the HDR update & they ignored peoples request to update the netflix app to support HDR.

So I finally took the plunge and I'm so far super happy with my FX750 :) I have a question though, in the top left hand side of the TV it says 1080p and 50hz... am I wrong in thinking it should be 100hz? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

So I finally took the plunge and I'm so far super happy with my FX750 :) I have a question though, in the top left hand side of the TV it says 1080p and 50hz...

Hi, Sky & Freeview broadcast at 50hz & blu ray & 4k blu ray are 24hz. The TV itself is 100hz so it would basically scale the content to 100hz automatically .

So I finally took the plunge and I'm so far super happy with my FX750 :) I have a question though, in the top left hand side of the TV it says 1080p and 50hz... am I wrong in thinking it should be 100hz? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

It’s a 100hz tv but that’s the native source coming into the tv. If you put something in 4k on it would be different again.

At the end of the day Panasonic have used the same excuse that Sony and others have used. They say it’s fine and in spec without even seeing the thing. It’s complete and utter nonsense.

Hi Guys ,

I have just spent a couple of hours calibrating my Pana 75FX780A for REC709 , Gamma BT1886 with HCFR and I1Display Pro Meter and I am stoked with the end result. I have finally calibrated Greyscale , Gamma and Color with Delta error < 1.5 for everything. Been practicing a lot and now I can post my end result. Hopefully will help owners of Pana 75FX780. I am an Amateur but am proud of what I have achieved. TV looks stunning.

My settings after calibration are below :-

To get the BT1886 option to show in the Gamma settings, you need to have 3 other setting set just so.

These are Adaptive Backlight set to- MIN....Ambient Sensor set to -OFF and Contrast Control set to - OFF]

Menu > Advanced setting > Gamma > BT1886 will be at the very bottom, choose that.

My Settings are for a living room with Ambient light.I have windows all over therefore had to bump the backlight to get desired FL reading.

Setting - TRUE CINEMA

Backlight - 43

Contrast - 92

Brightness - 0

Colour - 50

Tint - 0

Sharpness - 0

Colour Temp - Warm 2

OK, scroll down to ADVANCED SETTINGS > White Balance

WHITE BALANCE.....you have a general WB and then under that you have More Detailed Adjustment.

This is for first lot of controls.,,,if no value given for a control leave it at zero.

R-Gain 0

G-Gain 0

B-Gain + 2

R-Cutoff +5

G-Cutoff 0

B-Cutoff +2

More Detailed Adjustment.

100 IRE R-Gain -4, B-Gain +20

90 IRE R-Gain -3, B-Gain +11

80 IRE R-Gain -3, B-Gain +4

70 IRE - All 0

60 IRE B-Gain -4

50 IRE R-Gain +2, B-Gain -6

40 IRE R-Gain +2, B-Gain +2

30 IRE All 0

20 IRE R-Gain +1

10 IRE B-Gain -17
NEXT is GAMMA...you should have already set this to BT1886, so the setting below are for More Detailed Adjustment under Gamma.

100 IRE +11

90 IRE +11

80 IRE -3

70 IRE -4

60 IRE -3

50 IRE -9

40 IRE -12

30 IRE -11

20 IRE -9

10 IRE -15

Nearly done folks

Colour Management

R-Hue -5

R-Sat -2

R- Lumi -2

G-Hue +7

G-Sat +17

G-Lumi +4

B-Hue -1

B-Sat +5

B-Lumi +3

.......There was no error in other colors and everything else was within limit...........I know every panel is different and these settings might not suit everyone , I am hoping that for atleast the 75FX780 Pana these would improve the picture quality.

Cheers ,

Gill

Last edited:
Hi Guys ,

I have just spent a couple of hours calibrating my Pana 75FX780A for REC709 , Gamma BT1886 with HCFR and I1Display Pro Meter and I am stoked with the end result. I have finally calibrated Greyscale , Gamma and Color with Delta error < 1.5 for everything. Been practicing a lot and now I can post my end result. Hopefully will help owners of Pana 75FX780. I am an Amateur but am proud of what I have achieved. TV looks stunning.

My settings after calibration are below :-

To get the BT1886 option to show in the Gamma settings, you need to have 3 other setting set just so.

These are Adaptive Backlight set to- MIN....Ambient Sensor set to -OFF and Contrast Control set to - OFF]

Menu > Advanced setting > Gamma > BT1886 will be at the very bottom, choose that.

My Settings are for a living room with Ambient light.I have windows all over therefore had to bump the backlight to get desired FL reading.

Backlight - 43

Contrast - 92

Brightness - 0

Colour - 50

Tint - 0

Sharpness - 0

Colour Temp - Warm 2

OK, scroll down to ADVANCED SETTINGS > White Balance

WHITE BALANCE.....you have a general WB and then under that you have More Detailed Adjustment.

This is for first lot of controls.,,,if no value given for a control leave it at zero.

R-Gain 0

G-Gain 0

B-Gain + 2

R-Cutoff +5

G-Cutoff 0

B-Cutoff +2

More Detailed Adjustment.

100 IRE R-Gain -4, B-Gain +20

90 IRE R-Gain -3, B-Gain +11

80 IRE R-Gain -3, B-Gain +4

70 IRE - All 0

60 IRE B-Gain -4

50 IRE R-Gain +2, B-Gain -6

40 IRE R-Gain +2, B-Gain +2

30 IRE All 0

20 IRE R-Gain +1

10 IRE B-Gain -17
NEXT is GAMMA...you should have already set this to BT1886, so the setting below are for More Detailed Adjustment under Gamma.

100 IRE +11

90 IRE +11

80 IRE -3

70 IRE -4

60 IRE -3

50 IRE -9

40 IRE -12

30 IRE -11

20 IRE -9

10 IRE -15

Nearly done folks

Colour Management

R-Hue -5

R-Sat -2

R- Lumi -2

G-Hue +7

G-Sat +17

G-Lumi +4

B-Hue -1

B-Sat +5

B-Lumi +3

.......There was no error in other colors and everything else was within limit...........I know every panel is different and these settings might not suit everyone , I am hoping that for atleast the 75FX780 Pana these would improve the picture quality.

Cheers ,

Gill

Just a quick question, what is your starting preset for these? True cinema, custom etc? Want to try them out on my 55".

Thanks for sharing!

I use cinema for day and true cinema for night. All settings the same except backlight higher for day setting

HDR I used the settings from the Finnish magazine a few pages back. Great settingsthat look way better than standard true cinema

Hi Guys ,

I have just spent a couple of hours calibrating my Pana 75FX780A for REC709 , Gamma BT1886 with HCFR and I1Display Pro Meter
Gill

Many thanks for posting them Gill. I’ve tried your settings and the red seems a tad too orange for me. Everything else looks excellent.

Changing the colour gamut to native seemed to make the colours ‘pop’ a bit more for my eyes

Many thanks for posting them Gill. I’ve tried your settings and the red seems a tad too orange for me. Everything else looks excellent.

Changing the colour gamut to native seemed to make the colours ‘pop’ a bit more for my eyes

Copying people's settings won't make the picture on your tv any better. His set uses a VA panel as it's the 75 inch. You're better off just using the true cinema setting for everything out of the box. Even HDR.

Copying people's settings won't make the picture on your tv any better. His set uses a VA panel as it's the 75 inch. You're better off just using the true cinema setting for everything out of the box. Even HDR.
I’ve also got the 75”.

Nothing wrong with having a go at various settings that people kindly post on sites. If they don’t work for you, you just need to reset them. Every setting that I’ve ‘tweaked’ has been an improvement on the default ones.

If you’re spending a fair chunk of well earned money on a TV, you’d want the best picture that you can get. Each to their own though

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the Spotify app on the tv? I've looked at apps and can't see it... am I just being stupid and missing it or can you not get it on the TV?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the Spotify app on the tv? I've looked at apps and can't see it... am I just being stupid and missing it or can you not get it on the TV?

If it's not there it'll need to be added by Panasonic themselves. You could always plug in a fire stick or something if you're really wanting the app.

The issue has now been resolved by me massaging the area with a soft cloth. The bleeding has been eliminated completely and even in the opposite corner where there was discolouration that has been resolved too.

The issue has now been resolved by me massaging the area with a soft cloth. The bleeding has been eliminated completely and even in the opposite corner where there was discolouration that has been resolved too.
Tried that with the bleed on my black bars made it worse.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom