1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Freeview on Epson TW10 projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bikeboyz, Jun 16, 2005.

1. bikeboyz

bikeboyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Epson TW10 LCD projector. I have one of the original MiCO Classica 20 DVD players from Sainsburys, a Panasonic TU-CT20 freeview box and a Pioneer CLD-515 Laserdisc player.

The projector comes with a scart adaptor which I have been using. In a bid to squeeze the last bit of quality from the LD player I chose to link the projectors Video socket directly to the Video socket on the LD by-passing the scart multi plug switcher and mass of cables. This works and shows marginal improvement.

The Scart adaptor has Video(yellow), Red, Green, Blue wires. I have left the R G B 's plugged in. The DVD player works fine still, however the Panasonic freeview doesnt. The setup is set to RGB output, but unless the yellow video wire is also connected I get no picture. The projector is on RGB input.

Am I missing something here? why should the DVD work fine just on RGB, but the freeview still require the video feed(Y) plus RGB?

2. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Horizontal and Vertical sync pulses can either be carried on the green signal (known as RGsB), or obtained from the composite video output in the SCART (the yellow cable on the TW10 adapter).

Perhaps your Laserdisc player emits RGsB but your Freeview box does not?

3. bikeboyz

bikeboyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Thanks, that explains why the projector says NOT Supported H:15.62kHz V:49.99Hz, unless the Yvideo feed in, some new learnt. Cheers

PS The LD is composite video only!! But Dolby Digital AC-3 :)