Panasonic Freesat recorders

honey1997

I am the proud owner of a 42G10, and at some time in the future wish to replace my Pioneer DVD recorder with a Freesat blu ray recorder. I note Panny's new range are Freeveiw HD; is this to complement the existing Freesat range, so both will continue to be made or, is it an indication of a switch to Freeview HD, like most TV manufacturers ?

(sorry if this is already in a thread, but i could not track it down)

Gavtech

Administrator
I am the proud owner of a 42G10, and at some time in the future wish to replace my Pioneer DVD recorder with a Freesat blu ray recorder. I note Panny's new range are Freeveiw HD; is this to complement the existing Freesat range, so both will continue to be made or, is it an indication of a switch to Freeview HD, like most TV manufacturers ?

(sorry if this is already in a thread, but i could not track it down)

I have no reason other than to expect that both platform types will continue in parallel.

When Panasonic introduced the current BW freeview range, they simultaneously introduced three Freesat models [ same numbers but with a BS prefix instead of BW ] to replace last seasons Freesat range.

They have temporarily stopped promoting those new Freesat models presumably whilst trying to shift existing stock of the old Freesat models which have been seen recently at greatly discounted prices.

So ... I do not think there is any switch away from the Freesat Platform support.

honey1997

Many thanks Gavtech, just what i wanted to hear.

If i could ask one last question, are the BS machines a significant improvement over the BW ones ?

Gavtech

Administrator
Many thanks Gavtech, just what i wanted to hear.

If i could ask one last question, are the BS machines a significant improvement over the BW ones ?

The machines are effectively identical in the two new concurrent ranges.

It is only the tuner type at the 'front end' which is different.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom