Panasonic Freesat Recorders-Clock

jonoro

I have a Dmr-bs780ebk and I can not set it to automatically set the clock.
Anyone out there whose recorder allows you set it to 'automatic"?
Everything else works. Good signal on both tuners. Tried different post codes, tried full factory reset, tried days of unplugged.
I can set time and date manually and even set automatic to "on" but as soon as I move away from that box it changes to "off" and reports that it can not be set automatically.
Then the time slowly starts to drift off the true time.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The machine is quite old now, and no longer supported. I suspect that the internal clock and/or its battery backup (if fitted) are on their way out. All that you can really do to keep the thing going is to tweak the clock yourself. You might find somewhere that could take a look for you but if you rely on it for making recordings it might be time to think about replacing it with a new Arris box, before it finally dies.

jonoro

Thanks Clem_Dye
There is no battery backup, it judy synchronises its internal clock with data from the sattelite transmissions, or not in my case!
I was hoping somebody could advice if my machine is faulty or whether the satellite transmissions have changed format.
As for the Arris box, no bluray recording.

atmoscinema

Set manually and auto off too.

atmoscinema

Worth a try and I thought you tried that anyway.

I think I had the same issue with my old Panasonic DVD RAM recorder.

atmoscinema

How often and far does it drift off?

Have you tried to adjust the time again manually when it drifts?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom