1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Flicker Reduction ON/OFF -- been told this is 100hz on and off by Panasonic

Discussion in 'TVs' started by djg1, Mar 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone..

Phoned Panasonic to ask a question, was talking about the range, and was told the Flicker Reduction in the SETUP menu, is infact 100hz on/off and in "OFF" the TV is in normal 50hz!???

I told him i was sceptical of his claim but he said he was possitive and that it is FACT that on all new (well current range) Panasonic 100hz TV's are like this.

When i tried this in currys it made very little difference.

Can anybody clarify this as fact or not?

waht does it say in the manual>?

2. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well not on my PG50 it dosen't, turning progressive on does though. I don't know if they have improved this flicker reduction option but its cack on mine.

The only thing it did well was to stop any menus from flickering, but what it did to the picture was increase motion blur make and things look really weired at times.

Unless they have upgraded this option to actually improve things which I doubt, turn the dam thing off:thumbsdow

3. DownToTheBone

DownToTheBone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    On my PK10 it does what you were told by Panasonic ... I have never experienced motion blur or artifacts with 100Hz in fact I can't really see any change in the image quality when I switch except for no flicker when its set to on.

DTTB

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    As a former owner of a PB50 I have to agree

flicker reduction off is NOT 50hz mode , that panasonic guy was talking c**p