Panasonic EZ952 55" vs LG E7 55"

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by madeofclae, Dec 29, 2017.

?
  1. Panasonic EZ952

2. LG E7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. madeofclae

madeofclae
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen threads earlier this year about this but I at the time there weren't many reviews out for the Panasonic.

I was looking primarily at the LG E7 initially, however upon arriving at the store I was shown the Panasonic which is currently about £500 less than the E7 (£1999 for the EZ950 and £2499 for the E7). I am seeing mixed reviews and I am unsure if the E7 is worth the extra £500. I was told the panasonic has the THX display certification but the E7 has the Dolby vision, are these just gimmick or do they make a difference to warrant getting either one?

Can someone please help me determine which is better?

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    There isn't really a better one, but certainly for the money spending less on the Panasonic or even the B7 or C7 LGs represents better value.

LGs have Dolby Vision support.
    Panasonic have promised HDR10+.

Not sure what will be more important in the long term, unfortunately. Certainly at the moment DV has the upper hand.

The E7 is only really a valid choice if you want better integrated sound, it has its own sound bar built in. From a sound quality vs value perspective though its easily beaten by one of the cheaper LGs (B7, C7) with your own dedicated sound bar or sound set up.

3. madeofclae

madeofclae
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So would you say that the C7 is a better choice overall? It's currently £1499 as opposed to the Pana being £1799 currently. But is the C7 also a better choice if ignoring the price?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    @madeofclae in some respects its a better TV than the Panasonic and in others the Panasonic is better. They are even which makes the LG the better buy.

The Panasonic's benefits are more wealthy motion enhancement controls (most people have these turned off anyway) and HDR10+ support.

The LGs benefits are better tone mapping of HDR content and Dolby Vision support.