Panasonic EZ952 4K OLED TV owners and discussion thread

Seems Panasonic tv Amazon apps were not working - along with lots of others.

Compatible Amazon devices were fine with HDR - and LG tvs.
I agree, Panasonic Amazon app not up to the job with live football in HDR UHD, only in 1080p with appalling motion issues on my 65FZ952, purchased a 4K Fire TV Stick to see if this resolves the problem, any advice on set up and if this will do the job would be welcome.

I have just had my GZ 950 delivered on Xmas eve, it replaced an 55 ez952 which had 3500 hours on it including soccer and cricket. No screenburn. The ez was replaced by Panasonic under warranty as it suffered from intermittent picture break up, replacement 6 days, very pleased with the level of service.

Thats good service .. I have the service menu square burn in .. I will contact Panasonic .. hopefully I will get the same result.. do you have a contact number / email ?

Thats good service .. I have the service menu square burn in .. I will contact Panasonic .. hopefully I will get the same result.. do you have a contact number / email ?
I just went through the Panasonic support section on their website.

Moved to appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Has anyone changed from ez952 to a gz950 is there much difference in picture quality, I know the gz950 has Dolby vision, and I’m not really bothered about the slight judder on some programs on the ez952 . The only thing that’s getting on my nerves is some sky q programs in the dark scenes have a flashing affect, would you say it’s worth upgrading to the newer model.

Has anyone got a “Echo Dot“ to work with the TX-65EZ952OLED?
I have downloaded The skill for Panasonic TV and enabled it on Alexa And logged into the Panasonic device page on the link below:

but the one thing that is missing is the smart speaker app on the TV? So searched the onboard Panasonic app market and can’t find the app..

So after I suffered with the maintenance rectangle burn in Panasonic have replaced it with the current model a GZ950
. Annoying that a premium product fails with a design flaw but they did the right thing. Initial thoughts on th GZ are good picture seems brighter with more pop..

So after I suffered with the maintenance rectangle burn in Panasonic have replaced it with the current model a GZ950
. Annoying that a premium product fails with a design flaw but they did the right thing. Initial thoughts on th GZ are good picture seems brighter with more pop..
Good to hear if I have any trouble with mine. I cant complain though!

I've got an issue with some vertical motion, I see what looks like a horizontal line across the middle of the screen?. Its as if the top half and bottom half of the image are being processed independently, and aren't matched !? I'll try and and capture it. Anyone else seen this ?

Here are a few images.. though best seen when watching the video which I can't post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200118-211645_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-211645_Video Player.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_20200118-211714_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-211714_Video Player.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20200118-211734_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-211734_Video Player.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 134
I'd try a complete power off at the mains, just in case something has simply got confused. But it's not looking good...

I'd try a complete power off at the mains, just in case something has simply got confused. But it's not looking good...
Yep tried that. Its only visable on some content, but always vertical panning shots. It's still covered by John Lewis warranty, is it worth me contacting them ?

I found UHD films listed on Amazon Prime app but when i play and pause them it says hd 1080p not UHD? Furthermore i cannot find any content labelled as hdr or hdr10+?

Netflix is fine, 4k, hdr etc all clearly listed against each movie etc.

Can anyone give any feedback on my 2018 OLED panel?
on red & magenta slides I have a dark areas on the right side.
it doesn’t seem to affect the viewing enjoyment but I thought I’d ask
thank you.
03F7387A-AAB4-41CC-89B5-2B956901B4C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone?

ISF Day = Pro 1
ISF Night = Pro 2

In order to have Pro 1/2 replaced by ISF Day/Night on picture settings menu you have to input "i196" as a PIN. ;)
@thx75 can you help me please. I changed my Pro 1 & Pro 2 to ISF Day & ISF Night using the i196 pin. However i tried to change it back to Pro1/Pro2 by selecting over ISF Night and re-typing i196 but no joy. Seems to be completely locked. Can I unlock ISF Modes back to Pro Modes?

Thanks

@thx75 can you help me please. I changed my Pro 1 & Pro 2 to ISF Day & ISF Night using the i196 pin. However i tried to change it back to Pro1/Pro2 by selecting over ISF Night and re-typing i196 but no joy. Seems to be completely locked. Can I unlock ISF Modes back to Pro Modes?

Thanks

Yes, it’s quite easy, you have to input a different pin. ;)

Yes, it’s quite easy, you have to input a different pin. ;)
Thank you so much for replying, can you provide me with a pin that will work please?. I tried 0000 but no joy.

Thanks

Does anyone know if we are likely to get the Disney+ app on our TVs, I have a 55EZ950? if not, do I need a Roku stick or Chromecast to receive it? Cheers.

Does anyone know if we are likely to get the Disney+ app on our TVs, I have a 55EZ950? if not, do I need a Roku stick or Chromecast to receive it? Cheers.
Panasonic are terrible at App support after release. On my third TV and it hasn’t changed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom