Panasonic EZ952 4K OLED TV owners and discussion thread

It's in Hexadecimal format so yours has started 495 shorter automatic cycles and completed 480. It's started and completed one long maintenance cycle (so that's normal for 2477 hours). Next one will likely be around 3000 hours.

The difference on the shorter cycles will be down to them being interrupted somehow. Perhaps powering the TV back up whilst they're running or unplugging power completely.

If the stand-by light is orange/amber when you turn the TV off it's best to wait until it goes red (around five minutes) before you do anything again.
Thanks very much for your help and the information provided :)

One thing I've noticed with Panasonic (3rd tv) is they never support the Smart Apps market compared to other brands. Is there a way to add apps not on the market? Namely Disney+ or Apple TV+, etc?

I've just started to notice on screen a slight uniformity/haloing/blooming issue at night time in dark scenes just through my V6 box and mainly with BBC content. Pretty noticable on War Of The Worlds from this week. I tried changing the picture preset but didn't fix the problem, i don't seem to have the same problem watching Netflix, Blu rays or 4k discs through my Panasonic 820. I'm not sure if it's the screen or some setting within the V6 box? The V6 box at the moment is hooked up directly to the tv, should i try it through my Receiver? With other content the tv is fantastic for example the new David Attenborough series '7 Continents' looks great in HD and even better in 4K through the iplayer. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The tv was bought Sep 2018

Last edited:
Are you sure this wasn't an issue with BBC as Sky viewers have reported banding visable during War of the Worlds.

Anyone else watching the football via the Amazon app? Says UHD, but it’s definitely not HDR as I think it should be? Motion looks slight weird as well even though all TV settings remain exactly the same.

Seems Panasonic tv Amazon apps were not working - along with lots of others.

Compatible Amazon devices were fine with HDR - and LG tvs.
Anyone else watching the football via the Amazon app? Says UHD, but it’s definitely not HDR as I think it should be? Motion looks slight weird as well even though all TV settings remain exactly the same.

Are you sure this wasn't an issue with BBC as Sky viewers have reported banding visable during War of the Worlds.
Thanks, i'll keep an eye on future BBC programmes. As i say from other sources picture seems fine.

Whilst watching Netflix from my 820 player I've noticed rectangles in the middle of the screen one next to the other right across the screen. It does seem to be when the screen is white on Netflix own shows The King and The Irishman. It's only seems noticeable on HDR shows, I tried The Snowman which is In HD and I couldn't see any rectangles. It seems very odd but it's pretty distracting. Many Thanks In Advance

Nothing like that on mine. I have been watching very white scenes for a long old while and nothing abnormal at all. I'd be more interested in upgrading if I had any problems but I haven't any at all so staying as I am for now!

Nothing like that on mine. I have been watching very white scenes for a long old while and nothing abnormal at all. I'd be more interested in upgrading if I had any problems but I haven't any at all so staying as I am for now!
Any ideas as to what could be causing it? Are you watching the white scenes within Netflix?? I was thinking of trying the inbuilt app on the tv or even through my V6 box just to compare scenes? I'm baffled 😕

Have you tried doing ire slides from 5 percent all the way upto 100 percent white to see if there's anything there?
Not yet, can i just access them through youtube?

Yeah you can, here is the links, i would also try full colour slides of red, green and blue too. Do the 5 percent ire one in a dark room

Thanks i'll have a play tonight

Slight vertical banding on grey scale 2%-30% but after that all the colours including white look spot on to me.

3d
Slight vertical banding on grey scale 2%-30% but after that all the colours including white look spot on to me.
Have you checked the colours? Red in particular? 30 ire seems high to be still seeing bands too, I'd say upto 10 ire yes but anything higher they shouldn't be seen

Last edited:
3d

Have you checked the colours? Red in particular? 30 ire seems high to be still seeing bands too, I'd say upto 10 ire yes but anything higher they shouldn't be seen
Red looked fine to my eyes

3d

When doing the test which picture mode do you suggest using? Normal/Dynamic/Cinema/True Cinema etc

God knows what you're seeing then, can you capture it on photos or videos?
Yes I'll try again either later tonight or Friday night? Thanks in advance

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? Are you watching the white scenes within Netflix?? I was thinking of trying the inbuilt app on the tv or even through my V6 box just to compare scenes? I'm baffled 😕
Sorry no I haven't. I don't do Netflix or streaming services except for the odd dabble with Amazon Prime. Not a question of money - I just have too much to watch all the time!

Just redone test using Pro 1 can only see faint banding upto 10% on Grey. All other colours seem fine

It must be something to do with Netflix when playing HDR content

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom