Panasonic EZ952 4K OLED TV owners and discussion thread

My firmware is 3.231.

Bit of a moot point as the Panasonic amazon prime app isn't even 4k, let alone HDR.
It most certainly does support 4K HDR. Unlike Netflix, where it will automatically give you that version if it's available, you have to go searching right down the listings on Prime to find the 4K content. Try searching on 'The Man in the High Castle', for example.

Hi, just to add, I too updated my firmware today to the latest available in Singapore.
Unfortunately, like the user from Australia, I do not see the Static /Dynamic/Off options in Setup-> HDMI HDR, just the usual On/Off. It seems like Asia/Australia are not getting the HDR10+ update.

Very disappointed with Panasonic.

Thinking about replacing the Panasonic dx902 in the bedroom with one of these, can pick one up locally with 3 and a half years warranty for a decent price, will just be used with the inbuilt netflix/amazon apps... Is there anything i should look out for when viewing other than colour and ire slides? Cheers

Thinking about replacing the Panasonic dx902 in the bedroom with one of these, can pick one up locally with 3 and a half years warranty for a decent price, will just be used with the inbuilt netflix/amazon apps... Is there anything i should look out for when viewing other than colour and ire slides? Cheers
This oled panel is like 2 years old so I would go for a newer one. This one is the 2017 variant which is more prone to red burn in than the 2018 and also it doesn't support dolby vision and hasn't received hdr10+ yet despite panasonic promising ages ago. I personally really regret buying mine and not going for another brand. My panel has developed 3 dead pixels and panasonic refused to do anything despite it being within their own warranty.

This oled panel is like 2 years old so I would go for a newer one. This one is the 2017 variant which is more prone to red burn in than the 2018 and also it doesn't support dolby vision and hasn't received hdr10+ yet despite panasonic promising ages ago. I personally really regret buying mine and not going for another brand. My panel has developed 3 dead pixels and panasonic refused to do anything despite it being within their own warranty.
I've had oleds before, my last one was an lg e6 oled from 2016, ive had a dx902 since as burn in worried me, the missus is moaning that a 58 inch is too big for the bedroom so was looking to downgrade in size slightly, not worried about the lack of DV in all honesty, it does hlg though through the inbuilt bbc iplayer app?

I've had oleds before, my last one was an lg e6 oled from 2016, ive had a dx902 since as burn in worried me, the missus is moaning that a 58 inch is too big for the bedroom so was looking to downgrade in size slightly, not worried about the lack of DV in all honesty, it does hlg though through the inbuilt bbc iplayer app?
I use the apps through my blu ray player but don't see why it wouldn't do hlg through native apps. I have noticed that the amazon prime video app doesn't seem to do hdr or 4k but it could be because their range of that might be very limited.

I use the apps through my blu ray player but don't see why it wouldn't do hlg through native apps. I have noticed that the amazon prime video app doesn't seem to do hdr or 4k but it could be because their range of that might be very limited.
They do i beleive its just amazon is a mess and you have to hunt for them

It does HLG fine via Iplayer - was watching it again last night. I don't use the apps hardly at all so cant comment on that. Still loving mine to be honest and not bothered about upgrading yet.

Last night tried to connect with a JBL via BT but the tv would't find anything at all !!
And the strange thing was it didn't find any BT device in the house !!

Any idea why ?

Last night tried to connect with a JBL via BT but the tv would't find anything at all !!
And the strange thing was it didn't find any BT device in the house !!

Any idea why ?
I stand to be corrected, but I don’t think our EZ952’s can transmit audio via bluetooth, I think it only has a receiver for bluetooth devices such as keyboard and mouse.

I will take a look on mine tonight 👍🏻

There's no bluetooth audio on the EZ. You could buy a cheap transmitter and run it off the headphone socket if you need that functionality.

Bit of s long shot but wondering if anyone can help! The green horizontal line ive (which looks worse on yellow / orange content) is screen burn according to panasonic (who are not intereted on helping!). I wont be replacing the tv anytime soon so wanted to check if anyone can advise on how best to ‘mask’ it with tv calibration settings? I’ve tried the panel maintenance but it hasnt helped. I use ‘professional 1’ setting and have tried reducing the brightnss but dont want to watch a shit quality picture/image. Any help greatly appreciated!

There's not a lot you're going to be able to do to mask that, I'm afraid. It might fade a bit over time, but I'm afraid it does look like permanent burn. Do you know what caused it? It must have been displaying the same static high intensity image for hours on end. Was it from a game or on-screen graphics on a particular TV channel do you know?

Ok thanks Steve. It might have been soccer saturday or maybe sky news but i’d flick the channel over occasionally so it would retain the image. Not sure why it’s showing as a green image either? Ive found a few tips on google which seemed to have helped a bit but dont think there’s a magic wand for sorting it!

Not sure why it’s showing as a green image either?
If you look at the burn on a white or grey background, the colour you're seeing is the inverse of whatever colour caused the burn. If it was green you were seeing then the graphic would have been magenta. Looking at the picture you posted I think it's probably that the graphic had a high red content.

Looking at the picture you posted I think it's probably that the graphic had a high red content.
If the line looks green on a yellow full field, the issue is with the red sub-pixel filter aging faster than the green (red + green = yellow). So essentially, for the same given input signal, the level of red in the image is lower than it was pre-burn out. See the attached for a visual of this. Note yellow sits between green and red on the CIE chart. Any reduction in red energy will cause a push to green.

This is the most common scenario with permanent burn out, as the red filters seem to age more quickly. The likely cause, as Steve has suggested, was a static graphic with a high red content.

Paul

CIE.png

How would I know if the panel maintenance has run or not on my 55ez952 it's done 2476 hours but I've never been asked if I want to do the long maintenance? I thought this was going to happen on 1500 hours or later? Many Thanks

Just following on from my previous post does anyone know what status 8 means in the system menu?

Just following on from my previous post does anyone know what status 8 means in the system menu?

First two sets of five figures are the shorter automatic compensation cycles started and completed. Third and fourth sets are the longer manual compensation/automatic panel maintenance cycles started and completed.

First two sets of five figures are the shorter automatic compensation cycles started and completed. Third and fourth sets are the longer manual compensation/automatic panel maintenance cycles started and completed.
Status 8 on my tv = 001ef-001e0-00001-00001 i'm not sure if that's normal after 2477 hours? Thanks in advance

Status 8 on my tv = 001ef-001e0-00001-00001 i'm not sure if that's normal after 2477 hours? Thanks in advance

It's in Hexadecimal format so yours has started 495 shorter automatic cycles and completed 480. It's started and completed one long maintenance cycle (so that's normal for 2477 hours). Next one will likely be around 3000 hours.

The difference on the shorter cycles will be down to them being interrupted somehow. Perhaps powering the TV back up whilst they're running or unplugging power completely.

If the stand-by light is orange/amber when you turn the TV off it's best to wait until it goes red (around five minutes) before you do anything again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom