Quantcast

Panasonic EZ952 4K OLED TV owners and discussion thread

Meyrick Man

Have you tried doing ire slides from 5 percent all the way upto 100 percent white to see if there's anything there?
Not yet, can i just access them through youtube?

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Not yet, can i just access them through youtube?
Yeah you can, here is the links, i would also try full colour slides of red, green and blue too. Do the 5 percent ire one in a dark room

Meyrick Man

Yeah you can, here is the links, i would also try full colour slides of red, green and blue too. Do the 5 percent ire one in a dark room
Thanks i'll have a play tonight

Meyrick Man

Slight vertical banding on grey scale 2%-30% but after that all the colours including white look spot on to me.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
3d
Slight vertical banding on grey scale 2%-30% but after that all the colours including white look spot on to me.
Have you checked the colours? Red in particular? 30 ire seems high to be still seeing bands too, I'd say upto 10 ire yes but anything higher they shouldn't be seen

Last edited:

Meyrick Man

3d

Have you checked the colours? Red in particular? 30 ire seems high to be still seeing bands too, I'd say upto 10 ire yes but anything higher they shouldn't be seen
Red looked fine to my eyes

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member

Meyrick Man

3d

When doing the test which picture mode do you suggest using? Normal/Dynamic/Cinema/True Cinema etc

Meyrick Man

God knows what you're seeing then, can you capture it on photos or videos?
Yes I'll try again either later tonight or Friday night? Thanks in advance

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
When doing the test which picture mode do you suggest using? Normal/Dynamic/Cinema/True Cinema etc
I'd use the most accurate ones, so pro 1 or 2

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Any ideas as to what could be causing it? Are you watching the white scenes within Netflix?? I was thinking of trying the inbuilt app on the tv or even through my V6 box just to compare scenes? I'm baffled 😕
Sorry no I haven't. I don't do Netflix or streaming services except for the odd dabble with Amazon Prime. Not a question of money - I just have too much to watch all the time!

Meyrick Man

Just redone test using Pro 1 can only see faint banding upto 10% on Grey. All other colours seem fine

Meyrick Man

It must be something to do with Netflix when playing HDR content

Meyrick Man

markie64

Seems Panasonic tv Amazon apps were not working - along with lots of others.

Compatible Amazon devices were fine with HDR - and LG tvs.
I agree, Panasonic Amazon app not up to the job with live football in HDR UHD, only in 1080p with appalling motion issues on my 65FZ952, purchased a 4K Fire TV Stick to see if this resolves the problem, any advice on set up and if this will do the job would be welcome.

Kend3591

I have just had my GZ 950 delivered on Xmas eve, it replaced an 55 ez952 which had 3500 hours on it including soccer and cricket. No screenburn. The ez was replaced by Panasonic under warranty as it suffered from intermittent picture break up, replacement 6 days, very pleased with the level of service.

Talgo

Thats good service .. I have the service menu square burn in .. I will contact Panasonic .. hopefully I will get the same result.. do you have a contact number / email ?

Matty fitz

Novice Member
Has anyone changed from ez952 to a gz950 is there much difference in picture quality, I know the gz950 has Dolby vision, and I’m not really bothered about the slight judder on some programs on the ez952 . The only thing that’s getting on my nerves is some sky q programs in the dark scenes have a flashing affect, would you say it’s worth upgrading to the newer model.

malford

Has anyone got a “Echo Dot“ to work with the TX-65EZ952OLED?
I have downloaded The skill for Panasonic TV and enabled it on Alexa And logged into the Panasonic device page on the link below:

but the one thing that is missing is the smart speaker app on the TV? So searched the onboard Panasonic app market and can’t find the app..

Talgo

So after I suffered with the maintenance rectangle burn in Panasonic have replaced it with the current model a GZ950
. Annoying that a premium product fails with a design flaw but they did the right thing. Initial thoughts on th GZ are good picture seems brighter with more pop..

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
So after I suffered with the maintenance rectangle burn in Panasonic have replaced it with the current model a GZ950
. Annoying that a premium product fails with a design flaw but they did the right thing. Initial thoughts on th GZ are good picture seems brighter with more pop..
Good to hear if I have any trouble with mine. I cant complain though!

I've got an issue with some vertical motion, I see what looks like a horizontal line across the middle of the screen?. Its as if the top half and bottom half of the image are being processed independently, and aren't matched !? I'll try and and capture it. Anyone else seen this ?