PANASONIC EZ1002 'Panel Maintenance'

Confusionking

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning All

I am getting a message to give the go ahead to perform a panel maintenance when I turn my Panasonic EZ1002 off.

Problem is that I have my panel Pro Calibrated and I am worried doing the panel maintenance may ruin or undo the calibrated settings. Any advice or experiences please?

Thank You

Morning All

I am getting a message to give the go ahead to perform a panel maintenance when I turn my Panasonic EZ1002 off.

Problem is that I have my panel Pro Calibrated and I am worried doing the panel maintenance may ruin or undo the calibrated settings. Any advice or experiences please?

Thank You
Do it, doesn't affect any settings and is required to keep your screen uniform. Your calibration will remain unaffected.

Thank you, sir. Much appreciated.

Does the same apply to OPPO Blu Ray players? That is asking me for an update and I was worried incase it changes any settings.

To be honest I can't be absolutely sure, but it would surprise me very much if a firmware update changed any of your personalised settings.

However, unless you have a specific issue that you would like addressed with a firmware update then there is no reason to install it. See if you can find out what the firmware update is supposed to offer.

People get hung up on FW updated for products that work perfectly well. There seems to be a need to have the very latest, and the latest is not always the best for you. I always switch off auto updates on hardware, it's not unheard of FW updates introduce issues, and as a general rule once you've updated a FW it is normally not possible to downgrade.

I am of the same thinking. Does the option you speak of mean I won't keep getting the warning on screen to update my Oppo? Everytime I turn it on, I have to keep selecting no to the update.

Note - when you do a update on the Oppo you have to do a factory reset in order to get it to work right on the Oppo.

I think I may just leave this update to play it safe.

Would be nice if I didn't have to keep selecting no to the update everytime I turn on the machine though?

I think I may just leave this update to play it safe.

Would be nice if I didn't have to keep selecting no to the update everytime I turn on the machine though?
To be honest the Oppo works right anyway and the TV updates have a nasty habit of ruining the picture too.

To be honest the Oppo works right anyway and the TV updates have a nasty habit of ruining the picture too.

I have been really pleased with the OPPO and felt no need to update it.

Is there a solution to stop the update message keep popping up everytime?

I have been really pleased with the OPPO and felt no need to update it.

Is there a solution to stop the update message keep popping up everytime?
Have you got the Oppo on for automatic updates. Click off then. That’s the only thing I can think off.

Thank You. I will check and give it a try once the panel maintenance has finished.

Cheers

On the OPPO just go to device setup and turn firmware notification to off.

Does turning off the maintenance message turn of the actual maintenance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom