Panasonic EZ1002 4K OLED TV owners and discussion thread

You are right about balance, completely agree. Nevertheless remain the fact that many times LG oled owners troll here and there inside Pana oled threads, and quite rarely viceversa...
If I were picking up one cent every time I meet a LG troll in a Pana thread I would be quite a rich man driving a Bugatti Veyron... :rotfl:

You are right about balance, completely agree. Nevertheless remain the fact that many times LG oled owners troll here and there inside Pana oled threads, and quite rarely viceversa...
If I were picking up one cent every time I meet a LG troll in a Pana thread I would be quite a rich man driving a Bugatti Veyron... :rotfl:

Funny that isn't it? Its like the LG owners are worried and the Pana owners don't care about the LG... ;)

Funny that isn't it? Its like the LG owners are worried and the Pana owners don't care about the LG... ;)

Except they do, and get half of their posts deleted, mi ole fruit ;)

The more time I'm spending getting to know my ez1000, the more I'm appreciating its superlative qualities. The reviewers who were hyperventilating on its colour and detail were only reporting the truth. I can now reveal to all and sundry that that is actually the case. I've never seen a happier group of tv owners, such as the ez1000 owners. I literally have nothing to complain about, and even better, lots to look forward to. With the HDR plus update and the new panasonic ub9000 player, it looks like the 7th heaven we, ez1000 owners are currently in, is only a glass ceiling waiting to be shattered! I can only applaud panasonic for supporting people who want quality above all else. 2018 is gonna be a mega year for ez1000 owners, and connoisseurs alike!

Banding has all but disappeared. No vignetting, no inverse vignetting, no dead pixels, no tinting, no stutter, no bent panel, no wobbly reflections, no magenta blacks, no blemishes, and no (lol) legacy content on this bad boy!

Now I know I've appropriated the word 'godzilla' from the nissan gtr. Actually we Aussies coined that term for the gtr after it won our national car championship against all those invincible cosworth sierras. I have fond memories of those times! My only excuse is that the ez1000 is the godzilla of the videophile world.

In Vincent's superb review of the EZ1000, did anyone notice something very strange? (1) when he complained about an understandable amount of mild banding and (2) when he was explaining the service menu?

He lacked the acumen to put 2 and 2 together, or in this case, 1 and 2 together. Perhaps the reason is because Vincent is entirely to blame for the banding.

Y'all can take a gander at the video. You'll see that the tv attempted 24 compensation cycles, but it only completed 1 cycle. This is amateur stuff. You should let the tv complete its cycle so as to perform maintaince on the panel. This will clear image retention and improve uniformity.Simple.

My EZ1000 has next to zero banding

Last edited:
It’s not his TV. But yeah maybe that would have helped. I imagine if it’s a test unit it gets unplugged after being used quite a lot.

@choddo replying to my post in the 952 thread. In all my Plasma and OLED years I have never used any of those superficial modes. It just surprised me how different it looked aside from bad color accuracy and blue tint. I did notice after putting IFC on min/mid in PRO1 it was better but hdr brightness was much higher in Vivid mode.

Hi
I Have now had my Ez1002 65" for 4 months.
I noted banding issues and complained to my supplier who contacted Panasonic. I sent them a screenshot of my screen displaying a 5% grey screen which looks bad (image attached). Panasonic technical support replied with the following: -

"As per phone call, OLED and LCD will not go down as low as 5% Grey card without showing the internal construction of the panel. As already advised if there is a fault with the panel we will cover the cost of the service agents call out, if there is no fault as we believe the customer will need to bear the cost of the call out."

Is this correct, modern OLED and LCD panels "will not go down as low as 5% Grey card without showing the internal construction of the panel"?

Sounds like Bull to me but does anyone actually know?

Attachments

• 58EE0247-2B16-47FF-9319-9BC38F6519ED.jpeg
    58EE0247-2B16-47FF-9319-9BC38F6519ED.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 175
I guess that could be true but some are more uniform than others. Do you notice it in normal use or only with a flat grey test slide?

I'm wondering about this regular rectangle ...
I have already seen one on A1 ... from which he shows. Does it stay after calibration?

Very strange ..., the irregularity of the panel itself is smaller or larger than the standard in OLED.

I had 8 TV Oled before buying EZ1000 and some were correct other tragic ...

1300 H

Attachments

• 29365433_799418590269242_315565317549981696_o.jpg
    29365433_799418590269242_315565317549981696_o.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 150
Would anyone buy an ex demo, with 5 years warranty?

Would anyone buy an ex demo, with 5 years warranty?
Only at a bargain price, and if I could inspect the screen for scratches, burn-in, etc. As a demo set it has likely been running at least 10 hours per day, 7 days a week for best part of a year. Would be a concern even with the warranty, but if you can get 65" for less than £2.5k it would be worth considering

After much debating about my next tv to replace my trusty Panasonic 50VT50, i have finally pulled the trigger on a TX-65EZ1002B @ £3,499 + 6 years warranty and 0% finance over 2 years, just hope i've done the right thing.

After much debating about my next tv to replace my trusty Panasonic 50VT50, i have finally pulled the trigger on a TX-65EZ1002B @ £3,499 + 6 years warranty and 0% finance over 2 years, just hope i've done the right thing.
If you want/need the soundbar, then I think it's an OK deal, not outstanding. I am not aware of anything in the forthcoming 2018 models that would otherwise obviously improve on this set, but bear in mind the TX-65FZ952B will launch with a £3,999 RRP allegedly, so you are only getting £500 off for last year's model. Given that the new set is almost identical in specs, you might find they've made some compromises to get the lower price-point, bearing in mind your TV launched at £5,999 a year ago.

Can I ask who you purchased the TV from at £3499?

Thanks, I will contact my local Panasonic stores.

You will be better served if you listen for advice from actual ez1000 owners. There is serious error and misinformation, not to mention other undesirable psychological traits, in the posts replying to you. Do you know what that is?

Anyway, enjoy your new tv, it's the best one on the market today. Genuine owners like Mr Hother and myself can testify to the ez1000s stellar performance.

My advice would be to give some thought as to how you unbox the tv and install it. The screen is highly treated, so gloves would be recommended. Do the 290 update and remember there is a gentle break in period, (a, b, and c, which you can track in the service menu) and the tv will get gradually brighter.

Seeing that you bought a 6000 pound tv for only 3500, I congratulate you on your purchace. Don't worry about the fz950, it'll only be a cheaper made ez1000 and is really only something an ez950 owner ought to consider.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom