1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic extended warantys

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NeilMcRae, Aug 26, 2003.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My model5 panny is close to its first birthday so I've contacted panasonic to extend the warranty [after reading the story of a 800 quit cost on a LCD screen I figure its got to be worth it]. They
    are sending me out an info pack...

Anyone got a panny extended warranty? How much was it? What did it include? How many years?

Neil.

2. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

it adds another 2 years to the warranty and should be exactly the same as what you had for the first year, ie next day (supposed to be) onsite warranty. If it cant be fixed onsite, then they leave a loan unit (which at present has a 2 week wait). The warranty covers parts and labour.

It cost me 600 from panasonic, but the people in the shop lied to me about me needing to buy the extended warranty with the product, as you have just shown, and by me having the extended application form in the box when i got my plasma. When you get yours could you say how much it cost you as if it cost less than 600 then they increased the price of mine to account for me getting them to reduce the price of the screen.

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think you need worry too much......£600 is about what they charge (dependant on model) if you buy the warranty later rather than with purchase. (certainly in line with waht I was quoted)