Panasonic EX85. DVDs with menu lists

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jaded, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Jaded

Jaded
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi. I wish to create DVDs that open with a menu list of contained chapters on a blue background: to enable viewers to select what is of interest to them. I have constructed 'playlists' and copied these to RAM but there is no menu.
    T I A
    J

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    With DVDR's it is not Chapters that show up as selectable menu list items, but Titles.

Therefore, you either need to split existing Titles into further titles, and give each a name ... or, create an individual playlist [ and give THAT a name] for each item that you wish to be separate in your disc menu.

Titles are split using the Edit / Split title function.

3. Jaded

Jaded
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    GT - thank you for your reply. I have now managed to assemble nine 'titles' on the HDD and via the Advanced Copy function transfer them onto a DVD-Ram. By using the Direct Navigator I can see the list of nine titles on the dvd disc and can select each one and play it.
    However, the machine steadfastly refuses to give me the blue screen and menu when I load the dvd-ram disc. What am I doing wrong? please.
    T I A
    J

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    RAM's do not require finalising and behave just like a removable hard disc.

So if you press Direct navigator whilst in DVD mode with the RAM disc in the drive, you will see the titles presented just as they would be as if on the hard disc.

If you want the 'blue background' type presentation [ You have a choice of 8 backgrounds incidentally ] then you will have to burn a DVD-R type disc... [ Use advanced copy] and when you come to finalise that disc, the blue screen menu will be inserted.

5. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Hi Jaded

When you first insert the DVD-R you will have to set your options before copying. Insert the disc then select the DVD Drive and then enter DVD Management where you will be able to select your menu background and whether you want Autoplay to show the menu or go straight to the first title. You can also name your disc here if required.

Functions-To Others-DVD Management