Panasonic EX77 FR mode recording queries

Bob_W

Novice Member
I have used this many times to say transfer say a 2.5 hour title from HDD to DVD and used high speed copy with no problems. However if I create a playlist of several chapters recorded onto HDD in FR mode then wish to copy this playlist to DVD I appear to be restricted to normal speed copy even when the total record time is a similar 2.5 hours, which I find puzzling. Can anyone please confirm this is the only option fro playlists.
Thanks

BobW

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi Bob

Its possible that you are trying to mix chapters in the playlist that have different properties.... such as material with different aspects or made up from different recording modes.

There are a number of restrictions that can cause this.

Have a look at the list of them on page 50 of the manual.

Bob_W

Novice Member
Gavtech, thanks for your suggestion. I have looked at the manual again, it implies advanced copy for high speed only when not selecting the 'Copy and finalise' option If I read this correctly. The chapters themselves in the playlist were all 4:3 format from transferred vhs tapes so I don't think that should have caused the effect.
BobW

MuksC

Novice Member
I have used this many times to say transfer say a 2.5 hour title from HDD to DVD and used high speed copy with no problems. However if I create a playlist of several chapters recorded onto HDD in FR mode then wish to copy this playlist to DVD I appear to be restricted to normal speed copy even when the total record time is a similar 2.5 hours, which I find puzzling. Can anyone please confirm this is the only option fro playlists.
Thanks

BobW
isn't that the problem, that even though you FR'ed it to the HDD, the length is still over 2 hours so can only be transferred to disc again in realtime, as it requires re-encoding to fit?

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi Bob

Have a look under the Box - under the heading of 'Important'.

In the following cases... high speed copy does not work:

Playlists created from various titles using a variety of recording modes OR multiple titles using FR mode.

If theses chapters were all taken from, say, the same VHS transfer [ ie one recording ] and were therefore in exactly the same 'FR' mode - I might have expected them to work.
Was that the case here?

Gavtech

Administrator
MuksC may have a point here depending on how you made the original transfer and from where you are getting the chapters.

Can you explain exactly what you did in regard to copying and editing and in what modes ?

Bob_W

Novice Member
MuksC, No FR mode allows highspeed copy with say 2.5 hours from 1 title, I have done this several times. I think this is the relevant point as Gavtech has suggested in the 'smallprint' of the manual. The chapters in question were from 2 titles both of which were recorded in FR mode and with the same format.
BobW

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom