Panasonic EX77 and aspect switching with component

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TeresaTT, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've just received this lovely DVD recorder which is going to feed my Panasonic PWD6 plasma in my bedroom. The scart input on the plasma is pretty poor and I get a better picture via component. However I then lose widescreen switching which I find pretty irritating.

I happen to have a spare aspect ratio switcher which I used with my plasma when it was connected to my TiVo via an RGB to VGA converter. http://www.amcro.co.uk/parc209.htm This controls the plasma aspect by a serial connection and is connected up inbetween the scart of the device and plasma. I thought that I could use it with the EX77 as it outputs via scart and component simultaneously.

However, it seems that when I set AV1 output to S Video (with component), the scart stops outputting the widescreen signal. If I change AV1 to RGB1, the widescreen signal is output, but I then have a black and white picture over component.

Is there anything I have missed or anything that I can do? This is a a pain as the EX77 remote controls everything I need on my plasma except the aspect.