Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

I watched the Man city game and it was in HDR on my EX750 on my 4K fire stick.

Can anyone confirm if the Netflix app is working?

Just tried to use it on the TV and it won't load up saying it has encountered an error (Code: NW-2-5) and that it cannot connect to the Netflix servers / service.

Netflix is working fine via my Sky Q box and on my phone.

I've tried powering off the TV and also reset my router just in case to no avail.

When the app does further tests it connects to Netflix server 1 OK but doesn't connect to Netflix servers 2 or 3 and also fails the internet connection test even though the TV is saying it's connected to the internet OK.

Very strange....... Managed to get Netflix working again by changing the TVs network settings from static IP address to auto / dynamic IP address then back to the static IP address it was originally set to. :confused:

The strange thing was that other apps on the TV were working fine all along (YouTube and Amazon Video apps were both working fine whilst Netflix wasn't).

I said Amazon devices worked - but the EX750 app would not work in the football.

I watched the Man city game and it was in HDR on my EX750 on my 4K fire stick.

The internal Prime app on the TV does not show HDR neither does the app on the Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray nor Apple 4K TV. The Xbox however does offer HDR from the Prime App. If anyone has not yet watched the football in HDR you can subscribe to Prime on a 30 day free trail and enjoy a selection of the games in HDR through the Xbox app. This evening both the Man Utd and Liverpool games are scheduled to be broadcast in 4KHDR. Not sure if Chromecast Ultra is compatible with Prime in the same way it is with BT Sport 4KHDR but will check that out this evening.

Amazon listed only one UHD/HDR match each night - with Liverpool tonight.

The following matches will be available in 4K UHD and 4K HDR:
  • Burnley V Manchester City
  • Liverpool V Everton
  • Arsenal V Brighton
  • Leicester V Liverpool
  • Wolves V Manchester City

Chromecast did NOT do HDR last night for the football - but does HDR on other Amazon assets.

The internal Prime app on the TV does not show HDR neither does the app on the Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray nor Apple 4K TV. The Xbox however does offer HDR from the Prime App. If anyone has not yet watched the football in HDR you can subscribe to Prime on a 30 day free trail and enjoy a selection of the games in HDR through the Xbox app. This evening both the Man Utd and Liverpool games are scheduled to be broadcast in 4KHDR. Not sure if Chromecast Ultra is compatible with Prime in the same way it is with BT Sport 4KHDR but will check that out this evening.

Britbox UK app has been added to my tv :clap:

Has anyone used the Sonos beam with this tv? does it lag? Does it convert to Dolby digital?

Has anyone used the Sonos beam with this tv? does it lag? Does it convert to Dolby digital?
I’ve not used it, but have a sonos playbase. Sonos do no converting, only accept Dolby digital or stereo pcm. If it receives DTS bitstream it will be silent. I have to have my Xbox convert DTS to Dolby , or have my Panasonic ub820 output DTS as stereo pcm.

Sky Q does either 5.1 or atmos. Sonos only do up to 5.1. Dolby 5.1 is better for me than stereo as it uses my sonos surrounds

Currently watching Spider-Man far from home on 4K and it looks great on the Xbox one x, will a dedicated 4K player look better?

I have bought a sonos beam for my 750 TV, but the audio is always behind the video, with all the delays set to 0. Same on Sky Q, fire stick and Chromecast. Anyone know of a way of delaying video? Do I need an hdmi audio extractor?

Hello everyone! Great topic. Ivanfraser, please could explain what means blue shadows you spoke?

Last edited:
I have bought a sonos beam for my 750 TV, but the audio is always behind the video, with all the delays set to 0. Same on Sky Q, fire stick and Chromecast. Anyone know of a way of delaying video? Do I need an hdmi audio extractor?
Let me know if you sort the issue, I want to get a beam.

Hello everyone! Great topic. Ivanfraser, please could explain what means blue shadows you spoke?
Sure.
The issue affects only the 65 and 75 inch versions as far as I know.
The blue element in the greyscale is massively higher at 0-10% of luminance. It's impossible to rectify it at 5%, but by turning blue down to around -27 at 10%, you can achieve grey.
This means that without doing this, all of the darker and shadowy areas of images are way too blue.

Thanks for the answer! My tv is having a green problem, can it be corrected by calibration or have it serviced by Panasonic?
IMG_20191215_143500520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191215_151732046_HDR.jpg
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Improved calibration.
Taking liberties with the calibration, having discovered discrepancies with the screen uniformity, I've tweaked my calibration a little to make a big difference.
Firstly, use my calibrated settings from page 111. These are for SDR.
Lower red gain to +4 and blue gain to +8.
Set colour to default 0s all the way.
For dark room viewing use these settings in Cinema with backlight at 12. Then set Gamma 2.4 and more detailed adjustments to
10 = +12
20 = -2
30 = -24
40 = -25
50 = -25
60 = -23
70 = -12
80 = -18
90 = -11
100 = -4
If you set is like mine you will have a near perfect gamma, better greyscale and industry standard dark room viewing 100 nits luminance. (100 nits with bias lighting of 5 nits for rec709 is what studios use for their monitors during editing. It's also the standard for Netflix).

For brighter room viewing, use the tweaked settings in True Cinema with backlight at 20.
Gamma 2.4 more detailed adjustments at:
10 = +12
20 = -1
30 = -23
40 = -24
50 = -22
60 = -20
70 = -9
80 = -14
90 = -8
100 = +2
You should have a better greyscale and 120 nits luminance using the min Adaptive Backlight. Use min or mid adaptive backlight control. I'm tending towards mid especially for the True Cinema mode as backlight bleed is very noticeable on some movies, but this skews the gamma and reduces the luminance a little too - it's a trade off.
The lower Cinema mode has less bleed and so min may be preferable. This is extremely accurate on my set. Again, using mid will skew the gamma a little and reduce the luminance a little too.
Remember it sometimes takes a few days for settings to bed in on these tvs.
(I edited this with some very minor tweaks to bring the luminance to as close as possible 120 nits in day mode with min abc rather than 120.7 with min abc and 120 with mid)

Last edited:
what movie is this an what time is it on the video.? I'll compare it to mine.
Though I doubt if I could advise.
It is Monster University 2013, the problem appears throughout the film in clear parts and only in green tone, other colors are fine. Use your calibration in true cinema mode.
The problem occurs in all entries, with player or with PlayStation. I already replace the cables and everything else.

Last edited:
It is Monster University 2013, the problem appears throughout the film in clear parts and only in green tone, other colors are fine. Use your calibration in true cinema mode.
The problem occurs in all entries, with player or with PlayStation. I already replace the cables and everything else.
If it's not due to anything you've done - if it's the same when settings are at default - then you have a faulty tv.
Check if it's the same in default Normal.
If it's within warranty I would return it for a replacement.

Couple of questions.

1) I'm struggling a bit with movies when it comes to audio. Dialogue seems to be stifled by music quite a bit. I know a soundbar or 5.1 set up would fix that but what's my best workaround using the TV's settings?

2) I'm using settings based on the Dynamic preset for the visuals. I like that glowy high contrast look but there is a lot of distortion (for want of a better word) in black areas of scenes. That night episode of GoT was particularly awful. What settings are most to blame for that?

If anyone has any top tips, I'd appreciate it!

Couple of questions.

1) I'm struggling a bit with movies when it comes to audio. Dialogue seems to be stifled by music quite a bit. I know a soundbar or 5.1 set up would fix that but what's my best workaround using the TV's settings?

2) I'm using settings based on the Dynamic preset for the visuals. I like that glowy high contrast look but there is a lot of distortion (for want of a better word) in black areas of scenes. That night episode of GoT was particularly awful. What settings are most to blame for that?

If anyone has any top tips, I'd appreciate it!
1. Sorry but I never use the tv audio.
2. You will inevitably get errors using dynamic mode. It's so far off standard. GoT however was broadcast that way. No amount of tweaking will make the night scenes look accurate. Too many artefacts in the actual broadcast.
Try my calibration settings and you should have something approaching what you would see in the cinema and what the editors and broadcasters intended. If you want brighter, use the backlight control.
Try it for a few days and let your brain get used to it. You should then start to see colours and details you've never noticed before, and a more natural picture overall.

Anyone used the Sonos beam with sky q can’t quite seem to get the lip sync correct I have tried adjustments should I try optical rover arc?

Had the 50EX750 for 2 years, had issues with its poor viewing angles, never liked the pedestal and was never fully satisfied with the picture quality on HD and SD channels. So I bit the bullet yesterday and bought a 55GZ1000, wow what a difference.

I would like to thank Ivan Fraser for all his time and effort in calibrating his tv and sharing his settings, although mine was the 50” version Ivan’s settings made a world of difference to my tv setup, I really appreciated it Ivan.

My EX750 will be put up in my bedroom some time this week.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom