Quantcast

Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

Yes, it should - but strangely it's not listed in the 750 support page. Judging from what others have said, Panasonic don't seem to believe that the 750 has the same problem as the OLED, despite it being the same processor. If you stick it on a USB stick you could try it, it won't allow you to upgrade if it's not compatible.

atmoscinema

OLED Forum says it makes stutter worse on hdr 24p test with IFC off.

1080p Pure Direct fixes 50Hz issue anyway.

Panasonic have acknowledged the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the artefacts?
Depends on the file. I think it's the S&M one that has some mesh patterns embedded into the outside grey frame. These are supposed to be barely visible but start to become obvious when sharpness is too high. Other test files have numerous patterns that start to change colour if the sharpness is too high. And then there's the added noise at the outside of lines.
Beyond that, an artefact of tweaking sharpness is perceptible slight artificiality in motion and realism that you notice when watching programmes - a too-3dness at times, like 2 2d objects rather than a 3d. Can oddly make objects seem a bit flatter than 3d. And pictures that already have edge enhancement on them seem worse.
I noticed all of the above with sharpness at 20. But watched an episode of Holby and it looked great - although the 'great' was only temporary because the next thing I watched looked worse.
I've tweaked sharpness many times in the past with the Panasonics and always with the same results: artificially enhances some things and makes other things look worse.
So I just leave it at 0.

Bully o0o

atmoscinema

Yes. Noticing far less of the judder than before. Only seen it a few times since the update last week. Hasn't eliminated it, but has certainly decreased both the frequency and level/obviousness of it.
Can’t say i see it at all using 1080p Pure Direct. I am really fussy about motion too. Have you tried this, from external source?

I have Sharpness set at 0 now and it has lifted the colour detail.

Can’t say i see it at all using 1080p Pure Direct. I am really fussy about motion too. Have you tried this, from external source?

I have Sharpness set at 0 now and it has lifted the colour detail.
Yes, it's only been present on terrestrial tv via the dvb tuner of the tv. I think a couple of Netflix programmes had it a while back but that was confined to single episodes. No problems at all via external sources. 1080p direct from my br recorder has not been affected.

Given the vast amount of tweaks I've done - and there are many more combinations which I'm sure eventually could create a reference quality picture - I'm going to suggest another. And hopefully this will be my last :0)
Take my white balance settings from post 1944 - these are Blackwiggle's calibration settings tweaked by me to correct excess red. I.e. his settings with red at +5 instead of +15. Input that into True Cinema and Cinema.
Then follow exactly the settings given by Steve Withers in his video at: Panasonic TX-65EX750B Best TV Picture Settings
Et voila! You have a perfectly watchable tv.
Bear in mind that when you change settings a lot this set may give some backlight bleed on left and right sides which wash out colour. In my experience this should settle down. So don't rush to judge for at least a few days.
These settings don't test entirely accurately - but for real world watching, I've been happy with a couple of HDR movies, day and night tv and HD bluray.
Until someone does some proper calibrations for the different modes and gammas with the abc at mid or max, I'll probably stick with this. Never say never though :0)
Now, will someone please do a proper 3d calibration for Cinema, True Cinema or Custom?
Using Dynamic or Normal will never be very accurate because they can't calibrate the white balance - which is essential for a decent viewing experience imo. I've used the corrected white balance in TC with backlight and contrast at 100 with fairly decent results through my 3d3 Universal glasses. But I'm sure there's a better setting out there somewhere :0)

George P.

Quick question. Any ideas if eARC and HDR10+ would be available on the EX750 models?

Waiting for the price to fall Easter time or near world cup to buy the 75"..... We are big 3D fans and we are looking to move from a Benq1070 projector @ 92" to this TV or the Samsung MU8000 - no 3D but 1k less :confused:

George

lebellium

Quick question. Any ideas if eARC and HDR10+ would be available on the EX750 models?
HDR10+ support is expected on EX750 and 2017 OLED models in a coming (the next one?) firmware.

However, I don't think eARC will be supported. I'm not even sure it can work without HDMI 2.1

freefornow

Standard Member
HDR10+ support is expected on EX750 and 2017 OLED models in a coming (the next one?) firmware.

However, I don't think eARC will be supported. I'm not even sure it can work without HDMI 2.1
I will fall over backwards if Panasonic actually come through with this HDR10+ update. Look how long it took to address the stutter issue on OLED's. LCD tv is way down their priority list.
Not that it bothers me that much as I find HDR10 to be good.

Yeah, no eARC without HDMI 2.1.

lebellium

The way they addressed the stutter issue with some unofficial and then official patches is a bit strange indeed but regarding HDR10+ and broken HDR in Amazon Videos I don't really doubt it will be part of the usual firmware update process which applies to all similar TVs. If you look at the firmware history, EX750 and OLED models got exactly the same updates (3.122, 3.131, 3.142) with the same improvements and fixes.

poodle

Novice Member
Hi All quick question on Netflix, why does HDR content default to viewing mode (HDR) True Cinema and Ulta HD 4K content doesn't ?

I've tried to search in the thread but couldn't find any info.

Cheers

atmoscinema

Can’t find it now, but some one posted about flickering within the black bars.

Well i’ve just noticed this for the first time watching the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt ad.

The only way i could rid of it was to select Dynamic Mode.

On a second note, 4K movies have gone again off the tv Amazon app, but are present on my Fire TV 4K.

Re Netflix HDR, another bug?

ozsat

The option from the menu has dropped off again but the 4K movies still play OK if you can find them.

I have some in my Watchlist and they still play as 'Ultra HD'
... 4K movies have gone again off the tv Amazon app, but are present on my Fire TV 4K.

Re Netflix HDR, another bug?

atmoscinema

The option from the menu has dropped off again but the 4K movies still play OK if you can find them.

I have some in my Watchlist and they still play as 'Ultra HD'
Or know what they are.

Are they adding any more 4K movies soon, or show the latest movies, like iTunes is now?

The_Wierd

Hi All quick question on Netflix, why does HDR content default to viewing mode (HDR) True Cinema and Ulta HD 4K content doesn't ?

I've tried to search in the thread but couldn't find any info.

Cheers
Maybe because not all content that is 4k on Netflix is also HDR - much of it is still SDR at 4K.

Endol

Just picked up the 50inch model and would like to place my thanks to BW and to IvanFraser for all their efforts. There is no doubt that through their combined efforts the picture details are superb.

In normal tv and HD mode the combination of true cinema and warm 2 works well.

I'm not entirely sold on using that same combo with 4K HDR Blu Ray. I do find using it to be too orangy or warm. I get entirely that this is the industry standard and most Panasonic reviews recommend using TC and warm 2. But I wanted to be blown away with HDR . I spent £400 to simply upgrade from non HDR to HDR and found with watching the Revenant for example you don't quite get that brightness on the whites that I was expecting. Quickly flicking to normal made a difference.

But I want to get used to these settings and let them ''set in ' first before making any changes.

Fab TV though not noticed any stutter on freeview either

atmoscinema

Just picked up the 50inch model and would like to place my thanks to BW and to IvanFraser for all their efforts. There is no doubt that through their combined efforts the picture details are superb.

In normal tv and HD mode the combination of true cinema and warm 2 works well.

I'm not entirely sold on using that same combo with 4K HDR Blu Ray. I do find using it to be too orangy or warm. I get entirely that this is the industry standard and most Panasonic reviews recommend using TC and warm 2. But I wanted to be blown away with HDR . I spent £400 to simply upgrade from non HDR to HDR and found with watching the Revenant for example you don't quite get that brightness on the whites that I was expecting. Quickly flicking to normal made a difference.

But I want to get used to these settings and let them ''set in ' first before making any changes.

Fab TV though not noticed any stutter on freeview either
Try Dynamic Mode.

Micro stutter more like.

YouTube is best place for HDR demos.

Still battling that low end magenta tinge :0)
I've put the white balance detailed adjustments at 10 ire to red-1 and blue -17 and haven't noticed any significant change to the darker areas. Not going green like they did when I lowered red cutoff in the 2-point the other day.
I'm quite pleased for these settings in both HD and HDR modes.
The picture remains good with these tweaked Blackwiggle white balance settings on my set. Also with Steve Withers's settings. Admittedly, there's an improvement to using 0 instead of -1 for brightness though. However, some HDR movies seem to flash a bit on 0.
Have also input the latest OLED firmware upgrade described above so it may or may not help deal with that - I have no idea why the mid setting on abc is creating flashing for some HDR content and not for others.

Endol

Thanks guys, appreciate all your suggestions

One very early bug bear is when I'm watching I player at any given point the program goes black, and restarts. Happens in both normal and beta mode, SD and HD. I'm hoping it's just an I player glitch but never happened on my old TV

atmoscinema

Still battling that low end magenta tinge :0)
I've put the white balance detailed adjustments at 10 ire to red-1 and blue -17 and haven't noticed any significant change to the darker areas. Not going green like they did when I lowered red cutoff in the 2-point the other day.
I'm quite pleased for these settings in both HD and HDR modes.
The picture remains good with these tweaked Blackwiggle white balance settings on my set. Also with Steve Withers's settings. Admittedly, there's an improvement to using 0 instead of -1 for brightness though. However, some HDR movies seem to flash a bit on 0.
Have also input the latest OLED firmware upgrade described above so it may or may not help deal with that - I have no idea why the mid setting on abc is creating flashing for some HDR content and not for others.
Out of interest, does it flash in Dynamic Mode?

Ash one

Novice Member
I'd be grateful for suggestions. I'm happy with my 50 inch ex 750 with BW's settings. But as of last week freebies guide and the Panasonic guide wouldn't load. Everything else runs fine. The remote is fine, I tested it at the local retailer. The retailer says do a factory re-set. Id rather not since I'll have to re log in to Netflix, amazon, iPlayer, restore the BW settings etc.
I've powered off overnight. Slightly out of options. Oddly I haven't found anyone with the same problem.
Before I do a reset, suggestions appreciated
Thanks
Ash one