Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

Anyone having any issues with 3D on this? I'm finding with quite a few films (all three Toy Story Movies, Valerian, Avatar and others) that there's a kind of 'graininess' to the picture. Almost as though there's a sheet of protective shipping film over the screen (there isn't - I've checked :p) I'm also getting quite a bit of ghosting - far more than I used to get on my old TV.
There must be a setting you need to turn off, I've watched Avatar, Dr Strange and Wonder Woman, all in 3D and no issues with the picture at all, actually really impressed with the 3D

There must be a setting you need to turn off, I've watched Avatar, Dr Strange and Wonder Woman, all in 3D and no issues with the picture at all, actually really impressed with the 3D

Yep, I've not heard anyone say bad things about the 3D. I've literally just got off the phone with Panasonic support and they say it looks as though the TV is faulty. They're going to liaise with the store about sending me a replacement :)

Yep, I've not heard anyone say bad things about the 3D. I've literally just got off the phone with Panasonic support and they say it looks as though the TV is faulty. They're going to liaise with the store about sending me a replacement :)
That's good news, thought that seemed odd, bit of a hassle having to get it replaced but at least it's getting sorted

That's good news, thought that seemed odd, bit of a hassle having to get it replaced but at least it's getting sorted

Haha yes, I'll probably have to take a day off work unless they can arrange a saturday delivery. But hopefully this will be the end of it. Can't wait to watch Avatar 3D again. It looked stunning on my old TV!!

I would like to thank Blackwiggle for his excellent guide on setting up the colour calibration, what a difference picture is much more neutral! The only minor niggle is that the picture is a bit on the flat side compared to my previous LG TV. Anyone else used Blackwiggle's setup and found a better setting too create a more dynamic HDR picture?

You may have already tried but if you stand close to the television and hold the power button on the glasses for around 20 secs (go to Bluetooth devices in the menu) you should see them appear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, (thanks to blackwiggle for this), I'm using Samsung 3D glasses from my previous telly and they work perfectly

Brilliant

Last edited:
I would like to thank Blackwiggle for his excellent guide on setting up the colour calibration, what a difference picture is much more neutral! The only minor niggle is that the picture is a bit on the flat side compared to my previous LG TV. Anyone else used Blackwiggle's setup and found a better setting too create a more dynamic HDR picture?
Blackwiggles settings were for REC709 (SDR). He hasnt provided calibration settings for HDR BT2020.

If you read some posts after Black Wiggles calibration setting post, some members have provided their settings (based off BW's calibration). Such as this one Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread and Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

It is pertinent to take note of BW's comments here when making adjustments to BW's settings Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

You could also try AV Forums Steve Withers HDR settings in this video

Last edited:
Watched Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales 3D, had it set to +3 and got shadowing, reduced it to +2 and it was fine, picture had a lot more clarity than my old LG, glasses more comfortable too, being more expensive they put more effort into the design.

Has anyone got some good settings for the Netflix app? I'm no expert on calibrating my tv, but my colours seem a little washed out at the moment on 4k content.

Panasonic are aware of 50Hz issue and have identified it.

I think it is on a few Panasonic models.

What ever using Pure Direct does, it solves it. So it is that path that doesn’t use Pure Direct.

Hi all, Quick question, but has anyone come up with a good 3D setting, I've tried tweaking a few things, was hoping it would replicate my standard true cinema but once I go to 3D it changes again, same as HDR which I've a setting fixed for now, the 3D looks great but I'm sure it can be improved, thanks in advance

Last edited:
Agh... I wish you guys would stop posting about how good the 3D is. Mine's faulty and has to go back!! :p

Joking aside, is anyone else using the Panasonic TY-ER3D4ME glasses? Mine are a good 6 years old, and although Panasonic said they're fully compatible when I spoke to them yesterday, I'm just wondering if more recent models would be better?

Agh... I wish you guys would stop posting about how good the 3D is. Mine's faulty and has to go back!! :p

Joking aside, is anyone else using the Panasonic TY-ER3D4ME glasses? Mine are a good 6 years old, and although Panasonic said they're fully compatible when I spoke to them yesterday, I'm just wondering if more recent models would be better?
I'm using Samsung SSG-5100GB and they work perfectly

speaking of bugs, you know the issue i was having with parts of the screen flashing/flickering randomly on black... it has somethnig to do with adaptive backlight control, because i was playing the remake of la noire and it seems to bring this issue out again

especially when its in HDR mode as sooned as i turn Adaptive backlight controll off the issue is gone but because its off i lose having deep blacks

speaking of bugs, you know the issue i was having with parts of the screen flashing/flickering randomly on black... it has somethnig to do with adaptive backlight control, because i was playing the remake of la noire and it seems to bring this issue out again

especially when its in HDR mode as sooned as i turn Adaptive backlight controll off the issue is gone but because its off i lose having deep blacks
I saw this issue with dredd and wonder woman opening logos. I set my backlight to mid setting at the least. Say you've left your backlight and contrast at 100%, just reduce the brightness to -1. This should fix it for you. Before changing my HDR settings to dynamic I used the true cinema setting with backlight to 100, contrast at 80% and brightness to -1 to fix that white flash. Hopefully this will fix it for you too.

thanks hoff, i had my first tv repalced because of the issue but it seems to be something to do with the ABC itself wierdly

i'll check it out and let you know how its goes, apart from that i love this tv

I saw this issue with dredd and wonder woman opening logos. I set my backlight to mid setting at the least. Say you've left your backlight and contrast at 100%, just reduce the brightness to -1. This should fix it for you. Before changing my HDR settings to dynamic I used the true cinema setting with backlight to 100, contrast at 80% and brightness to -1 to fix that white flash. Hopefully this will fix it for you too.

you know when you say backlight to mid is that the adaptive backlight control or the actual backlight setting?

because i usually have backlight on 20 for non hdr content with contrast at 90 or should or should i knock that down to 80 aswell?

you know when you say backlight to mid is that the adaptive backlight control or the actual backlight setting?

because i usually have backlight on 20 for non hdr content with contrast at 90 or should or should i knock that down to 80 aswell?
Adaptive backlight control to mid. I always have it set to mid with Blackwiggles settings (found in this thread). For HDR gaming I leave it to Mid but like the 3D pop that Max Adaptive gives for movies despite it dulling whites a little, you get better contrast. I would just try -1 in the brightness and set it to adaptive mid range and tweak your other settings accordingly. Give it a try anyway. :)

I tried it with the settigns you gave me but its still giving me the odd flash
Hmm. All I would suggest is find a movie that's doing it in a specific place and reduce the brightness until it disappears. It may take another notch or two down in the brightness. The flash happened to me when it hit extreme contrast in Dredd with the drug taking effect. I've just tested it again and for me in True Cinema HDR With backlight and Contrast at default 100, reducing the brightness to -1 with adaptive backlight to mid fixed it for me. Your TV may be different though. I've only ever had this issue with Dredd 4K and Wonder Woman 4K. Try it in Dynamic mode and flick between adaptive mid to max setting and see if it still happens.

well it seems to happen with games in hdr mode, i want to avoid dynamic mode because it'll just blow the colours out

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom