Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

ArcticWolf710

Amazon Prime app has always reset HDR to default settings True Cinema, with Normal colour temperature.
I have my settings in Cinema equal to True Cinema, so switch to that when viewing HDR in Amazon.
It does not affect the True Cinema settings on the tv, just whilst in Amazon.
I can't see any differences yet with the new firmware update.

Thanks for the reply bud, but in this instance, not helpful I'm afraid!!

The Prime Video app hasn't always done so using "true cinema" with "warm 1" or "warm 2" temperature either. Both are exactly how I had my TV configured prior to this recent update without ever experiencing any issues at all in the past, hence my question. My preferred settings have always previously been retained for Prime Video/VoD across multiple updates for some years now.

I routinely use the Prime Video app & today was the first time it has ever presented a problem.

Yes, also aware that the TV saves the individual user settings for SDR & HDR for each individual HDMI input & VoD/apps. They're not affected by the update & neither are other apps such as Netflix, it's just Prime Video that has suddenly become an issue.

For whatever reason, apparently your TV has always had a problem with Prime Video correctly retaining certain display settings, whereas mine has been fine since new & only became affected with the new 3.239 update nearly 2 weeks ago :(!!!

ArcticWolf710

Amazon Prime app has always reset HDR to default settings True Cinema, with Normal colour temperature.
I have my settings in Cinema equal to True Cinema, so switch to that when viewing HDR in Amazon.
It does not affect the True Cinema settings on the tv, just whilst in Amazon.
I can't see any differences yet with the new firmware update.

P.S. Will attempt trying to get the settings to stick with the "cinema" option & see if that changes anything too, so thanks for that info at least ;)!!

(Still seriously unimpressed as this was definitely a case of something not being broken getting a proverbial fix & screwing everything up that previously worked just fine.)

IvanFraser

P.S. Will attempt trying to get the settings to stick with the "cinema" option & see if that changes anything too, so thanks for that info at least ;)!!

(Still seriously unimpressed as this was definitely a case of something not being broken getting a proverbial fix & screwing everything up that previously worked just fine.)
The Prime HDR default setting was an issue from the start. I remember everyone complaining about the issue. And my tv always did this. (I'm sure if you look back to the history of this thread you'll find a number of complaints.
It seems you have been an exception, if your tv kept the settings :0)
You're the first and only person I'm aware of didn't have it.
But the Cinema setting is exactly the same as the TC setting, and on my tv has never changed. (the default settings for Cinema are very different, but as long as you input the same settings in the Cinema mode as you do for True Cinema, it should be maintained.
The Custom is also identical if you use the min backlight setting, but will change if you use mid.

IvanFraser

Since the firmware update recently, I haven't seen any real improvements to anything I have been watching yet.
However, I am noticing brief frame skipping that wasn't there before.
This is particularly annoying, as I had been using the br through the tv without Game Mode and 4k Direct engaged for a while now because the motion handling was better.
Now, since the update, it's becoming distracting.
Well done Panasonic, for breaking something that was working, and apparently improving nothing that I can discern.

ozsat

Sport service Dazn app has also appeared.

ozsat

I currently only getting 2.0 audio on the Disney+ app on the EX750
Finally there's a Disney+ app for this tv! 😅 Don't know about atmos, but HDR seems to be working just fine...

lebellium

The same here. Only PCM 2.0 and no DD/DD+ 5.1.
So basically the app is useless as I won't watch any 5.1 movie or series in stereo :(

Cridem

Novice Member
@lebellium I have a question related to 5.1 output sound of this TV please
I bought this TV some years ago, but never used a home cinema syst. I would like to buy a basic, compact system like Logitech 5.1 Z906 used also for TVs
Shall I use the digital audio optical output socket of TV to get the 5.1 sound from Netflix TV app or from TVs media player?
thanks for your time

Last edited:

lebellium

@Cridem I would not recommend buying those outdated 5.1 kits designed for PC. The Z906 was released 10 years ago and doesn't feature any HDMI output. It won't support any lossless audio format but won't support the latest lossy formats usually used by streaming apps such as Dolby Digital Plus either. So it's just basic Dolby Digital and DTS like in the DVD era.

But yes, basically you only have 2 choices to get 5.1 sound from the TV:
  • Optical output
  • HDMI ARC

Cridem

Novice Member
@lebellium I intended to get a Z906 in case, having no feedback here with Netflix app in 5.1, I could buy it on my risk having at least the option to move it from TV to my PC
You are right, is much better to buy a receiver A/V and a set of good 5.1 speakers separately, but I was confused since I read here in old posts that Netflix app of this crappy Firefox OS does not deliver 5.1 sound via optical, but just stereo instead or poor quality.
I use mainly Netflix app of TV with 99.9% of movies in 5.1 so worth such a system
Do you use it with good results of 5.1 output to receiver? If yes, works, it's good news for me

thanks for your time and recommendation

Last edited:

lebellium

I actually don't use Netflix, I just use Amazon Videos and I get proper Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 output via HDMI ARC but I can't say for sure how it is with Netflix and optical output. I can't remember reading somewhere that it only outputs in stereo but I don't want to mislead you.

MadchesterManc

Novice Member
@lebellium I intended to get a Z906 in case, having no feedback here with Netflix app in 5.1, I could buy it on my risk having at least the option to move it from TV to my PC
You are right, is much better to buy a receiver A/V and a set of good 5.1 speakers separately, but I was confused since I read here in old posts that Netflix app of this crappy Firefox OS does not deliver 5.1 sound via optical, but just stereo instead or poor quality.
I use mainly Netflix app of TV with 99.9% of movies in 5.1 so worth such a system
Do you use it with good results of 5.1 output to receiver? If yes, works, it's good news for me

thanks for your time and recommendation

I have mine connected to a receiver via optical from the TV so everything passes through DD 5.1 at least, including the Netflix app which I believe also sends DD+ if your receiver can decode that. Only problem I have is the TV won't passthrough DTS so had to connect my UHD player via other means

ajlez

Novice Member
Hi, I am looking for any users that have had similar issues to myself with their TV, my Australian TH-EX65EX780A has been a great TV for the 4 years I've owned it but has recently developed serious defects rendering it almost unusable. Menus and internal apps appear scrambled and are unusable, generating blocks and distorted graphics on the screen. I can select an HDMI input and once it has locked on the picture is normal, PS4 etc displays fine in full 4K. Once a menu or any overlay info pops up thought the trouble starts again. I am unsure if the problem lies in the main PCB or the LCD panel itself. I can get a new main PCB but it would be about $500 wasted if it's not the fault. As 3D TV's are no longer available it would be worth saving. If anyone has had similar issues any info would be much appreciated. Some images of the symptoms attached.

Attachments

• received_204054668453675.jpeg
    received_204054668453675.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 64
  • received_325141859300608.jpeg
    received_325141859300608.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 62
  • received_4580215221998147.jpeg
    received_4580215221998147.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 61
Hello, what are the best settings for the Panassonic 50Ex750/780 TV today? I have the first settings of Ivan Fraser but I understood that he had made improvements. Can you post the latest settings? Thank you very much.

Legendary

Hi, I am looking for any users that have had similar issues to myself with their TV, my Australian TH-EX65EX780A has been a great TV for the 4 years I've owned it but has recently developed serious defects rendering it almost unusable. Menus and internal apps appear scrambled and are unusable, generating blocks and distorted graphics on the screen. I can select an HDMI input and once it has locked on the picture is normal, PS4 etc displays fine in full 4K. Once a menu or any overlay info pops up thought the trouble starts again. I am unsure if the problem lies in the main PCB or the LCD panel itself. I can get a new main PCB but it would be about $500 wasted if it's not the fault. As 3D TV's are no longer available it would be worth saving. If anyone has had similar issues any info would be much appreciated. Some images of the symptoms attached.

Difficult to say, but if the TV is still working. Keep on using it and ignore the menus. Try unplugging it and replug it in a minute to see if a cold reboot work. Try factory reset. If it is a still problem use the TV for movies and games. and look into getting new OLED TV you always keep an eye on ;)

IvanFraser

Hello, what are the best settings for the Panassonic 50Ex750/780 TV today? I have the first settings of Ivan Fraser but I understood that he had made improvements. Can you post the latest settings? Thank you very much.
Hi. My latest settings for the 65 inch are on this page

I'm still using them, they are fine. I have 120 nit setting, 100 nit setting, and HDR setting on that page.
But I cannot give settings for the 50", although some people have said the settings work ok for them, or have used them as a base for personalized tweaks.

Hi. My latest settings for the 65 inch are on this page

I'm still using them, they are fine. I have 120 nit setting, 100 nit setting, and HDR setting on that page.
But I cannot give settings for the 50", although some people have said the settings work ok for them, or have used them as a base for personalized tweaks.
Thanks for your Job.

IvanFraser

is there anything similar for Panasonic UB820 for best settings tweaks.
The UB820 for me is best left as basic as poss for the most accurate image.
I've got my recommendations over on this page

IvanFraser

I did a basic recheck of the readings a couple of days ago. Some of the greyscale points have shifted - but they do that anyway depending on how long the tv has been on. It's not been visibly apparent over the last year. At 100% at the time I checked, the 120 nits was down to 118.5 and the 100 to about 98. something, with blue reduced. TV had been on all day, so I'm not concerned.
Occasionally a shift will happen that's only apparent on b&w material. But it comes and goes, nothing one can do about that.
But the most impressive thing is that without adjusting colour at all, the readings are still great. Errors of less than 1 and up to 1.6 for the primaries is stellar. The accepted visible threshold for colour is 3, so anything below that is basically imperceptible.
I've been watching a lot of nature and gardening shows recently, and they really look just like looking out the window.
It feels so relaxing, watching nature on tv. I would imagine that that sensation would not be present if the tv wasn't representing light and colour so accurately.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett