Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

I have the 65" - TX65FX750. Will look for HDR10+ indications - I understand all Prime HDR programs are HDR10+ now.

Thanks groesbeek.

Here in Australia for the FX series, the 75 inch was available a couple of months ahead of the 65 and 55 inch models. It has the large silver X shaped pedestal like the previous EX models have.
The later 65 and 55 models however were released with a smaller black rectangular shaped pedestal - AND with their model number as 800 rather than 780 like the 75 inch size (780 is the Australian equivalent of 750 model). No idea why the different model numbers for the 65 and 55 sizes models.

www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/televisions/premium-ultra-hd-tvs.html

I think it was announced prior to release that they would all have HDR10+ capability, but did not happen. Possibly for the 75 inch (not sure???) but definitely not for the 65 and 55 inch models.

So it would be great to confirm that your 65 inch definitely has HDR10+ capability and that it actually shows it is working.

Those of us still waiting/hoping for firmware update release (EX and FX owners) might feel a little less concerned then.

Cheers.

There have been no updates for HDR10+ yet, not even the new 2018 range has it as far as i'm aware.

Well my 2018 65FX750 is certainly is advertised to haveHDR10+
4K LED TVs | Ultra HD & Pro HDR Televisions - Panasonic UK & Ireland

@abeernut, as requested above, I am playing Prime Video programs that are supposed to be in HDR10+, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to verify that. Unlike on the HDMI inputs, if I hit the info key, it does not display any info about the video playing on Prime.

@abeernut, as requested above, I am playing Prime Video programs that are supposed to be in HDR10+, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to verify that. Unlike on the HDMI inputs, if I hit the info key, it does not display any info about the video playing on Prime.

No mention of HDR10+ that I can see on the product page for your TV though..... Only on the main page listing all the different models.

Once on the page for your particular TV it all gets very familiarly sketchy and there's no mention of it.

Had it a few months and mostly working pretty well now but just have a few additional questions if someone could help:

2) Digging around in the setup there was something that intimated it was possible to control the TV over the internet. Is there a way of setting it to record programs via an app or webpage?
3) I can't get BBC4 HD (but other BBC HD channels to my knowledge are fine). Running the channel search does not restore it. Anyone have a tip on getting it.

Many thanks.

2. There is the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app to control the TV from your phone or tablet over your home network. I installed it but never used it.

3. Have you checked the freeview website to confirm availability in your area. In my area the channel used for BBC Four HD (and BBC News HD among others) isn't particularly strong compared to the others so sometimes in different weather conditions the reception can be better/worse.

No mention of HDR10+ that I can see on the product page for your TV though..... Only on the main page listing all the different models.

Once on the page for your particular TV it all gets very familiarly sketchy and there's no mention of it.
Well mentioned on the main page for each model, in the manual, as well as widely publicized on all the usual retails sites including John Lewis where I purchased it from.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-fx750
What makes you think it doesn’t have it?

It is yes, and it will but it will be added via an update, which as of yet is still not available.

This is a quote from a Panasonic rep roughly 5months ago and we still haven't been told about an update, same for the Google assistant update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810-195553~2.png
    Screenshot_20180810-195553~2.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
No different to any other manufacturer, LG recently updated their tvs for Google assistant which was announced at launch, just some features arnt ready to ship imiediimmed, some never arrive at all if you look at Samsung's history with the update chip thing for IOT stuff.

I will check my in-store info because I think it says HDR10+ will be added later on.

I have the 65" - TX65FX750. Will look for HDR10+ indications

Hi groesbeek, thanks for looking into it.

I don't have Amazon Prime, so unfortunately, can not suggest where/what/how to confirm what format their content may or may not be in.

As per the following articles (from a few months ago) their HDR10+ content is restricted to within USA - but may have changed since then.

www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it

www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr10-everything-you-need-to-know

If would be great if somebody, somewhere, somehow was able to confirm HDR10+ is actually working on the latest Panasonic TVs, whilst we await the firmware update releases.

Their latest Disc Players are also supposed to have HDR10+ (and DV) capability - but perhaps also waiting firmware update???

But without a compatible TV to display it (and available content) who knows if/when anyone can confirm.

Cheers,

This is from my official Panasonic pos.

As you can see next to the lone about advanced HDR is has a *2 then in the second photo next to *2 it says via update in 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_20180811_085759.jpg
    IMG_20180811_085759.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20180811_085748.jpg
    IMG_20180811_085748.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 239
Well mentioned on the main page for each model, in the manual, as well as widely publicized on all the usual retails sites including John Lewis where I purchased it from.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-fx750
What makes you think it doesn’t have it?

It is yes, and it will but it will be added via an update, which as of yet is still not available.

This is a quote from a Panasonic rep roughly 5months ago and we still haven't been told about an update, same for the Google assistant update.

What BigD18t said........

The HDR10+ ability is via firmware update.... You're just seeing the same sort of bunf they gave when our EX750 models were being advertised and sold.

Hmm, that would be a bit sneaky of them considering the language used here and by their sales rep at John Lewis.
Panasonic’s 2018 4K LED TVs Feature HDR10+ Dynamic Metadata Technology and Eye-Catching Design Across Entire Line up
The Prime video app certainly has pretty much all programs going to HDR (switches to the HDR setting) and they certainly have more contrast than anything on Netflix, but no way to really tell if it’s 10+.

HDR programs switch to HDR on my EX750 too and it definitely hasn't had an HDR10+ update yet so that's no proof as yet.

This says the whole Amazon lineup is on HDR10+ in the UK too.
Samsung and Amazon Prime Video First to Launch HDR10+ Content
Looked again through all the settings and info options, but the Prime Video app in the TV gives no info, and the TV switching to the HDR setting the only hint that it’s even on HDR, but of course it does the same for all HDR content.the Netflix app does show the bit rate, but again no HDR info.

Will check what my projector indicates later, but of course it only does HDR10.

This says the whole Amazon lineup is on HDR10+ in the UK too.
Samsung and Amazon Prime Video First to Launch HDR10+ Content
Looked again through all the settings and info options, but the Prime Video app in the TV gives no info, and the TV switching to the HDR setting the only hint that it’s even on HDR, but of course it does the same for all HDR content.the Netflix app does show the bit rate, but again no HDR info.

Will check what my projector indicates later, but of course it only does HDR10.

Maybe we should have just bought a Samsung TV instead rather than waiting for Panasonic to get their arses into gear and update their TV range. ;)

Go to Setup->HDMI auto setting.
If set on Mode 2 by default, set Mode 1 instead.

Mode 2 on HDMI 1 and 2 allows the full 4K (up to 4:4:4 60p) support
Mode 1 only has partial 4K support but may work better with older 1080p devices.

Can anyone explain why this is? As a new owner of the 65" found out the hard way that I cannot get full 4K HDR on all 4 ports - only 1 & 2. I have three devices which have it (Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X)

Considering I bought this TV mainly as a last stab at 3D before it goes away, I knew I'd be making compromises somewhere, just didn't know things like 4K HDR would be limited per input.

Perhaps the Panasonic TV app is not yet able to access/display the Amazon Prime HDR10+ content (even if the TV itself is capable) and needs an agreement with Amazon and/or just an update?

I think Panasonic stopped selling TVs in the USA in early 2016 (though may still be selling disc players?), so doubt there will be any rush for an agreement (if required).

So looks like we may need some other source of HDR10+ to verify our TVs with - though I am not aware of anything available anywhere.
(Even youtube videos labelled as 4K or HDR or HLG or HDR10+ or DV etc. are "mostly" not actually in the format specified).

Cheers.

Can anyone explain why this is? As a new owner of the 65" found out the hard way that I cannot get full 4K HDR on all 4 ports - only 1 & 2. I have three devices which have it (Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X)

Considering I bought this TV mainly as a last stab at 3D before it goes away, I knew I'd be making compromises somewhere, just didn't know things like 4K HDR would be limited per input.

Most TVs from 2017 had only 2 full fat hdmis and 2 normal, only really this year TVs like LG have started fitting 4 full 4k HDR hdmis, except Panasonic still only do 2.

Most TVs from 2017 had only 2 full fat hdmis and 2 normal, only really this year TVs like LG have started fitting 4 full 4k HDR hdmis, except Panasonic still only do 2.

Thanks. Makes sense stepping back, but man did it seem ridiculous last night.

Looks like I might have to start hunting for an HDMI switch (not in the market for a receiver).

Hi Ivan

I haven't noticed settings to be 'locked', just extremely sensitive to changes

The values for gamma and white balance between 30 (or 40 - can't remember now) and 80 IRE are not sensitive at all and barely do anything but they do disrupt each other's values making it impossible (for amateurs anyway) to calibrate using software.

I'm waiting for the new Panny 4k player

The £900 player? I doubt this will make that much of a difference to your HDR viewing experience with this tv, it may manage tone mapping and clipping better than the TV but the TV's HDR performance is way off way before it reaches it's limits. I would have preferred Panasonic gave us the option to have an accurate picture up to the TV's limits and then just clip than what we're stuck with.

I see now. You can't adjust the detailed settings for gamma. You'd think they'd be greyed out.

That's not TV manufacturer's style - they don't want to give the game away whether it's a good or bad thing. If they had greyed these out on the best/customisable picture settings then it would have probably cost more review points.

I've only seen one person in a review of this TV confirm they have calibrated the HDR settings, pro calibrator so didn't give anything away (they didn't praise the result much, just said that it was satisfactory) - Perhaps the service menu allows full control, every other thread I read about calibrating the HDR, everyone eventually gave up.

Seriously my friend, if you're keeping this TV and considering purchasing a £900 player to go with it you should save yourself some money and buy the x-rite pro and calibrate the SDR for a picture I suspect will be better, possibly even much better, than the one you've got now and then you can always have a go at the HDR and see if you can get it sussed.

Cheers

Hi Ivan

The values for gamma and white balance between 30 (or 40 - can't remember now) and 80 IRE are not sensitive at all and barely do anything but they do disrupt each other's values making it impossible (for amateurs anyway) to calibrate using software.

The £900 player? I doubt this will make that much of a difference to your HDR viewing experience with this tv, it may manage tone mapping and clipping better than the TV but the TV's HDR performance is way off way before it reaches it's limits. I would have preferred Panasonic gave us the option to have an accurate picture up to the TV's limits and then just clip than what we're stuck with.

That's not TV manufacturer's style - they don't want to give the game away whether it's a good or bad thing. If they had greyed these out on the best/customisable picture settings then it would have probably cost more review points.

I've only seen one person in a review of this TV confirm they have calibrated the HDR settings, pro calibrator so didn't give anything away (they didn't praise the result much, just said that it was satisfactory) - Perhaps the service menu allows full control, every other thread I read about calibrating the HDR, everyone eventually gave up.

Seriously my friend, if you're keeping this TV and considering purchasing a £900 player to go with it you should save yourself some money and buy the x-rite pro and calibrate the SDR for a picture I suspect will be better, possibly even much better, than the one you've got now and then you can always have a go at the HDR and see if you can get it sussed.

Cheers
Thanks for your feedback, but I'm actually very happy with my set now. The gamma adjustments given by Blackwiggle are excellent when compared with the defaults, as long as I use 2.3 instead of 2.2 - and this actually gives me a good 2.4. Using the default BT1886 is quite close, but has some issues in the highlights. Flipping between mine and the default I can see a clear improvement. Using min ABC and default colour.
Whereas your settings are way off on all counts on my set. This shows the differences in models and individual sets. And you're giving advice - very negative advice - to people based on just your experience with your set. I prefer to be more constructive based on my experiences with my set and wouldn't warn people off quite so succinctly. But it is helpful to have different inputs on the positive and negative experiences.
The white balance is very good on my set and replicates my Samsung phone as reference. Easily the best HD picture I've ever had.
All I've tweaked in HDR is put the same white balance in and it's corrected it same as in HD. There's no problem with the default eotf/gamma in the HDR mode. And the picture I've got playing 4k HDR is amazing. Motion has suffered for 24hz material though since the last oled update, so I can't use the 4k direct until that's fixed.
Overall, it's a great picture for HD and HDR, as long as it's tweaked well. I haven't changed my settings for a month or so now and am really enjoying the tv.
The one thing that's not great is the differing Nit levels in mastering of HDR discs and I have to adjust my dynamic range accordingly. The new Panasonic BR player should do that automatically, which is one of the reasons I will be buying it. The other reasons have more to do with the audio side and outputs. So it's much more sensible to go for that than spend money on another laptop and calibration equipment to calibrate a tv I'm happy with. In fact, it would be stupid wouldn't it? :0)

@IvanFraser Sorry you feel my comments are negative and perhaps even stupid but if someone asks a question I know the answer to or at least have some experience with (say this TV vs. LG oled) I prefer not to sugar coat things too much.

Out of all the owners still active on this thread you seem to be very keen on getting the best out your TV, having now experienced what a calibrated in picture looks like and not settings borrowed from someone else' calibration I think it's likely, for all your effort, you're still not getting the best the TV can offer at least in the SDR department and are going to be forever tweaking this TV no matter what hardware you add.

All I was trying to do was trying to offer you a friendly suggestion that you to go down the measured calibration route as I think you would benefit most from it over spending a sum of money that tbh would be better going to a new TV (sorry but you're still citing TV flaws that clearly annoy you in that response). On top of that, once you buy the hardware it will be there for your next TV so you won't even have to bother searching and trying other people's settings for months on end...

@IvanFraser Sorry you feel my comments are negative and perhaps even stupid but if someone asks a question I know the answer to or at least have some experience with (say this TV vs. LG oled) I prefer not to sugar coat things too much.

Out of all the owners still active on this thread you seem to be very keen on getting the best out your TV, having now experienced what a calibrated in picture looks like and not settings borrowed from someone else' calibration I think it's likely, for all your effort, you're still not getting the best the TV can offer at least in the SDR department and are going to be forever tweaking this TV no matter what hardware you add.

All I was trying to do was trying to offer you a friendly suggestion that you to go down the measured calibration route as I think you would benefit most from it over spending a sum of money that tbh would be better going to a new TV (sorry but you're still citing TV flaws that clearly annoy you in that response). On top of that, once you buy the hardware it will be there for your next TV so you won't even have to bother searching and trying other people's settings for months on end...
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. Your suggestion isn't stupid at all - it's a perfect solution. But to a problem I don't have anymore. It would be stupid of me to invest in a problem I don't have anymore rather than spending my money on a new player to solve a problem I do have.

Afternoon all, I'd really appreciate any assistance available on this. But I have to switch off and unplug the telly for a few days as I'm having work completed in my home. As such, when I use it again, will all the previous settings be lost? I've followed Ivan's full calibration settings so ideally would like to not have to complete them again. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Afternoon all, I'd really appreciate any assistance available on this. But I have to switch off and unplug the telly for a few days as I'm having work completed in my home. As such, when I use it again, will all the previous settings be lost? I've followed Ivan's full calibration settings so ideally would like to not have to complete them again. Has anyone had any experience with this?
no they will not.

I'm struggling with the USB hard drive. Non of my memory sticks work. I brought a new one and that didn't work. At which point I found out that it needs to be 160gb. Is this the only requirement or are there specific types that work or don't.
I think my biggest question would be does it need to be powered? Or if I can find a big enough memory stick would that work?

Hope this make a sense.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom