Panasonic EX700B 50" or Samsung MU6470 49"

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by timblake9, Jun 21, 2018.

1. timblake9

timblake9
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I'm looking for some advice on which you think is the best TV for me to get. I've narrowed it down to the below based on the price I can get them for. I would be playing video games on them, however I only own the normal Xbox and PS4 so I'm guessing either TV will be fine. I want to pick the right one mostly for Netflix watching (I have the top subscription so should have the HD/4K content available to me), and other general SD shows. The room the TV is going it can get bright some times (sky lights).

Right now, due to various codes and staff discounts, I can get;

Panasonic EX700B 50" (inc 5 year warranty) for £399
    Samsung MU6470 49" for £481
    Samsung MU6120 50" for £342

I added the last one in because it's a pretty decent price for the same screen size. I believe they only come with the 1 year manufacturer warranty. Normally I would pick up the Panasonic with 5 year warranty without any hesitation, but I've read they can be quite dim compared to other sets and the occasionally sunny room it is going in left me slighlty worried

I appreciate any help you can give

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,050
    The Panasonic is best for your uses if you don't need wide viewing angles that is. It has a wide colour gamut which will give you better colours with HDR shows on Netflix.

TVs at this price range don't come with good anti reflection filters but they do get a lot brighter than older models did so they should be fine compared to LCDs of old. Unfortunately you are looking at £800+ and perhaps even 55" to get a good anti reflection filter.

To give you an idea, normal calibrated brightness for SDR is around 120nits for most people, the Panasonic will easily break this 3x. The MU64 will be slightly brighter but not by much. The MU61 Samsung will be similar to the Panasonic. Both Samsungs are inferior TVs as in the case of the MU61 it has no wide colour gamut and with the MU64 it is using an IPS panel.

It's always advisable anyway to buy from a respectable retailer so you don't have any problems returning if for whatever reason you are unhappy.