Panasonic EX700 vs LG 49UJ750V

3mileu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Went to a store to buy the LG 49UJ750V today, but the seller gave me a discount on a custom store-calibrated Panasonic EX700, which was already on sale and recommended it - so i went with it.
He claimed that the Panasonic has better dark levels, colors and is overall a better TV.
His coworker also came and told me that i wanna buy the Panasonic EX700, talking about some problems on the LG with some contracts between darks.

Being influenced by the seller telling me it was better, i got the panasonic.
I currently have my doubts about it. The LG 49UJ750V is still in my head, as i prefer its design as well as its magic remote. I'm not that happy with panasonics operating system, as well as i do not like the placement of the light.

So my question is - does the panasonic have a better viewing experience, enough to compensate for these downsides?
The LG is 49", and the Panasonic is 50", i have a trade-in-warrenty on 14 days. Currently thinking on picking up the LG tomorrow and doing an "side-by-side" comparison at home - and returning the one i like the least.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Do a side-by-side comparison if you want, can't you always return the LG if you don't like it anyway?

Technically yes the EX700 is a much better TV in terms of blacks, contrast and it will probably have a more uniform screen as well.

But these things don't matter so much with the lights on or during the day.

If smart TV is a priority over picture quality for you then maybe you will prefer the LG?

But why not just pair the Panasonic with a dedicated smart solution? Likely a lot faster and more flexible than any built in smart TV will be.

Do a side-by-side comparison if you want, can't you always return the LG if you don't like it anyway?

Technically yes the EX700 is a much better TV in terms of blacks, contrast and it will probably have a more uniform screen as well.

But these things don't matter so much with the lights on or during the day.

If smart TV is a priority over picture quality for you then maybe you will prefer the LG?

But why not just pair the Panasonic with a dedicated smart solution? Likely a lot faster and more flexible than any built in smart TV will be.

Thank you for the help.
- I'll go check it out at the store, maybe pick it up (yes, i can return it).
I've previously used an old apple TV, but now would like HDR + 4K support, which only the new and overpriced version has. - thinking about the chromecast ultra if any, but i would prefer not to need my phone every time.

I currently have my doubts about it. The LG 49UJ750V is still in my head, as i prefer its design as well as its magic remote. I'm not that happy with panasonics operating system, as well as i do not like the placement of the light.

I can honestly say you have the better tv right now, the UJ750V has some issues with being very dim with SDR content out of the box, it has a RGBW panel so will not be so sharp compared to a RGB tv and will make text look jagged if used as a PC monitor, it also suffers terribly with 3:2 pulldown judder as one end user has reported on here already, it's IPS so will have poorer black and grey uniformity, so isn't suited for movies or a dark room environment, and WebOS does run considerably slower than the SJ series above it, as it only has a dual core processor and can be a bit glitchy with the IR from the Magic Remote.

Question - Juddering when panning

There is a review from rtings.com, it's the US version but goes into more detail:

LG UJ7700 Review (49UJ7700, 55UJ7700, 60UJ7700, 65UJ7700)

I was also considering this tv but have decided to go for a VA panel with the 55" XE70 from Sony.

Would you consider purchasing the Panasonic TX-50EX750 from the Panasonic Ebay outlet store at £500.

Panasonic TX-50EX750B 50 Inch 3D SMART 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV Freeview Play | eBay

Providing you get a good warranty that tv is better than the ex700, good price.

You could try to price match with John Lewis or Richer Sounds as they are the best for aftersales support.

I'd use a credit card if you have one for additional consumer protection, and definitely buy online not in store for extra protection of distance selling regulations.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Would you mind sharing the custom settings for the ex700?

If you visit FlatpanelsHD there are some settings there to use as a guide, they are for the 58" but there's not many around.

The owners thread is also a good place as well, just visit the Panasonic tab.

You should visit the Picture Perfect guide here and download these as well:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/948496-avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...-s-hdr-10-uhd-test-patterns.html#post44269674

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom