panasonic EX 75-problems copying after editing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paulbennett, Apr 29, 2007.

1. paulbennett

paulbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've been copying episodes of Heroes from my hard drive on to DVDs. i edited out the pre-title stuff and adverts but when i came to copy them across some of the episodes won't copy. it seems that it will only allow so much mucking about with the original recording before it throws a wobbler.has anyone else had this problem?

paul bennett

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Occasionally weird things can happen to render the material non-compliant.

I presume you were trying to high speed copy these titles.

Normally if you hit this wall you will still be able to do the transfer by recoding.
    In other words - transferring in real-time.

3. cyrus2050

cyrus2050
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had this problem occasionally on my EX75, but If im archiving stuff off now I copy the program off onto DVD-RAM without editing it at high speed, copy it onto my PC and use Video Redo Plus to take all the ad breaks and any other editing out. Its pretty good as it detects ad-breaks in the program and marks it for deletion automatically so I reckon its more efficient and reliable this way.

http://www.videoredo.com/ is the website I got it from, there are trial versions there too. :thumbsup:

4. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have not had this problem myself, but I try to be as methodical as possible about editing; I believe issues of the kind you describe can arise if you don't do all your editing in one session, for example by editing an already-edited programme.
    The manual states that high speed copying will not be possible if the titles contain "lots of deleted segments", but does not specify exactly what constitutes "lots"