Panasonic EX-75 dvd recorder- how to record at high speed?

anujg

Standard Member
Hi. I have recently bought Panasonic EX-75. I have a Sky+ box which I use to record soaps / movies. It seems you can only transfer from Sky+ to EX-75 HDD at normal speed and when you record a dvd, it again records at normal speed. this obviously takes a lot of time. Can anyone help me with high speed recording or any suggestions to save time. Thanks

Hal_loe

Novice Member
I assume you are using DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW or DVD+RW rather than DVD-Ram.

You have to set the [Rec for High Speed Copy] setting to [On]. Before you record the program.

It is listed on page 34 of the manual.

It does have limitations. eg The loss of the WSS signal.

But that would speed up the dubbing to DVD from the HDD. Or you could just skip this stage and go straight to DVD.

Hope that helps.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Sky+ can only output the signal as if you are watching it, so it's all done at normal speed, therefore no recorders can do a high speed copy from Sky+

anujg

Standard Member
thanks for the replies. I was using DVD+R dics. So it is possible to record at high speed from HDD to DVD using RAM dics?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Anything that has been recorded onto the HDD of the Panasonic recorder can then be transferred onto any DVD media at high speed as long as the original dub to the HSS was done with the high speed setting switched on.

Hal_loe

Novice Member
anujg said:
thanks for the replies. I was using DVD+R dics. So it is possible to record at high speed from HDD to DVD using RAM discs?
Yes, you can dub from HDD to RAM discs at high speed even with the [Rec for High Speed Copy] set to [OFF]. Thats how i have been transfering recordings from my older Panasonic machine since I got it a few years ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom