Panasonic EU Versions HERE!

E9 Smooth

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone was looking to get a Panasonic tv, but an EU version with the extra features, it seems like this website is the place. I have not used it myself yet, I'm waiting for the release of the V10. But they do have 'E' (European)instead of 'B' (British) at the end of the model number. Feel free to comment, thank me, or complain.

:thumbsup:

Televisions

Wouldn't that mean no Freesat and possibly a grey import with an iffy warranty?:thumbsdow

Wouldn't that mean no Freesat and possibly a grey import with an iffy warranty?:thumbsdow

Indeed no Freesat or Freeview, although the guarantee shouldn't be a big issue. KK electronics have been noted to advertise European versions, but when people have called them they have been assured that they are UK models. As they are authorised dealers for Panasonic they would not be able to sell grey imports.

Indeed no Freesat or Freeview, although the guarantee shouldn't be a big issue. KK electronics have been noted to advertise European versions, but when people have called them they have been assured that they are UK models. As they are authorised dealers for Panasonic they would not be able to sell grey imports.

Freesat should work off the dish, shouldnt it, Im not sure about freeview. So can anyone confirm that KK sell European or UK models. Does anyone know any business that sell grey imports, I heard Richer Sounds do.

:)

Freesat should work off the dish, shouldnt it, Im not sure about freeview. So can anyone confirm that KK sell European or UK models. Does anyone know any business that sell grey imports, I heard Richer Sounds do.

Grey imports would not qualify for Panasonic's 5 year guarantee. The UK versions have MHEG software loaded in the tv which is required for Freeview and Freesat to work correctly. Without this software, you have no EPG, teletext or interactive (red button) services or channels.

The UK versions have MHEG software loaded in the tv which is required for Freeview and Freesat to work correctly. Without this software, you have no EPG, teletext or interactive (red button) services or channels.

Some would think these a benefit (and surely MHEG isn't needed for the EPG?). I'm glad that I can turn-off MHEG on my Topfield freeview receiver and it's a pity that TV manufactures don't provide the option.

Im not really worried about warranties, as I will have external cover. Even though I'll probably be using a cable box, it would be interesting to know if I would still get the channels for freesat and freeview, I dont understand why I shouldnt. Anyway aint it possible to still get software updates? :)

So can anyone confirm that KK sell European or UK models. Does anyone know any business that sell grey imports, I heard Richer Sounds do.

Hi,

I can confirm that all of our Panasonic stock is sourced from Panasonic UK and is therefore not grey imports.

I hope this information helps, however please get in touch if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom