1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic ES10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jaycook, Mar 26, 2005.

1. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone bought the new Panasonic ES10 yet? I was wondering if it's true that the recording quality in LP mode is as good as they say (close to SP mode in quality) Amazon has it for 189.00 with free shipping, but before I buy it...I want to see what people think and if in fact the LP mode has been improved as they say....and thoughts or input appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,764
    Someone in this thread has one and is hopefully going to report back in depth about it.

3. submitsite

submitsite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazon dont appear to have the new panasonic model on their site yet,could you provide an url to where you saw it on there?

4. DRAMBO

DRAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    $189.00 for the ES10, it's a steal at that price. I paid £199.89 for mine which at current exchange rates (1.87) is $373.79. I guess most electronic products are much cheaper in the US. Welcome to rip off Britain (UK). Back to the thread topic.

I have had the ES10 for a few days (I also have the previous models E50 & E55). This is a very stylish machine. The picture quality in all recording modes is improved with more faithful image reproduction with natural hues and outstanding depth. LP mode is particularly impressive because images are as sharp as in SP mode. SP mode is still better than LP due to the higher bit rate which makes a difference in fast moving scenes, but LP picture quality is close to SP and you get a 4 hour recording time vs 2 hour maximum on SP. There's also the FR mode which varies bit-rate based on set recording times.
    The playback quality of pre-recorded videos is excellent, the new 12 bit D/A converter makes a huge difference.

Response times have been improved all round.
    With a DVD-RAM disc in the machine, if you press the power on button & immediately after press the record button, recording starts instantly (within 1 second)
    Press play button from power off state & playback begins within 8 seconds.

After placing a pre-recorded DVD video disc in the tray, press the open/close button and playback begins within 12 seconds.

Press the program/check button from power off state & the timer recording page displays within 3 seconds.

Overall, I am very impressed by the ES10 and at those bargain US prices they should be flying off the shelves !!!
    :thumbsup: