Panasonic ES10 recording problem.

N

NigeD

:hiya: This is my first post, so the answer may be a simple one! I have recently bought the Hitachi PD7500 Plasma with integrated Freeview (which is nice!), and I also got the Panasonic ES10 recorder. Problem is that I can only record non-digital analogue channels, despite connecting the ES10 via Scart to AV2. I know the ES10 only has an analogue Tuner, but I would have expected to be able to connect up to record Digital channels as well.
Could someone tell me if the problem is one of connectivity, or one of incompatible components?
Cheers!

I have a Sony integrated crt at the moment,and to
record digital have to set AV2 output to D-TV then
on the(I have the E55)remote press input select to
switch from analogue to AV1(scart on recorder)then
can record digital and watch analogue.Only snag tv
has to be on or digital tuner is switched off.Dont record
much off digital but if you want to thats were a built
in freeview recorder comes in.I would have thought you would
be able to set output the same on your plasma via the set up.

Purchase a cheap Freeview STB and connect it to one of the DMR-ES10 inputs. Say AV2. To record freeview channel select AV2 on the dvd recorder as input source and set the required channel on the STB. You can then record from a digital channel and watch a different freeview channel on your TV.

NigeD said:
Thanks Ian, I will give it a try later!

:thumbsup:

Royold I was thinking of getting another set top box,will
this work with an integrated tv then,by connecting to
the av2 scart and then to the recorder? I was not sure if
you could do that,might give that a try then.

If you are already using AV2 scart on the TV then no. I meant connect the new STB to AV2 on the dvd recorder. If you are already using AV2 on the recorder then use AV3 but you then may have to use a scart to composite (3 x RCA) because I believe AV3 on the recorder is composite connection. Or you could use scart to S-Video + 2 x RCA (sound Red and white).

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/diga/europe/es20_es10/specifications.html

For Ian C.

I have the Panasonic E85 dvd recorder with its AV1 outlet connected to AV1 on the TV via a scart switching box which accepts three inputs. The Sagem freeview STB is scart connected to AV2 on the E85 and its vcr scart is connected to AV3 on TV.
The Digifusion FVRT 150 twin tuner PVR is connected by scart to AV3 on E85 which is 3xRCA Composite. (note I could use this Av3 connection for another STB in place of the Digifusion PVR). Therefore I could record from either STB to the dvd recorder by selecting AV2 or Av3 on the recorder as the input source. Sounds complicated but I hope you can fathom it out.

ROYOLD said:
For Ian C.

I have the Panasonic E85 dvd recorder with its AV1 outlet connected to AV1 on the TV via a scart switching box which accepts three inputs. The Sagem freeview STB is scart connected to AV2 on the E85 and its vcr scart is connected to AV3 on TV.
The Digifusion FVRT 150 twin tuner PVR is connected by scart to AV3 on E85 which is 3xRCA Composite. (note I could use this Av3 connection for another STB in place of the Digifusion PVR). Therefore I could record from either STB to the dvd recorder by selecting AV2 or Av3 on the recorder as the input source. Sounds complicated but I hope you can fathom it out.

Thanks a lot for that :smashin:

i whacked my sky+ box in to the appropriate scart socket on the DRMES10 that i picked up today, had a nice grey screen, untill i worked out i needed to switch it to av2 on the DRMES10....lol

it worked, dunno if it works with the TV switched off tho.....cant see how that would make a difference......

All sorted now thanks - followed your advice, and connected via AV1 and selected AV1 on the ES10 remote (which i had forgotten to do!). As you say, I can only record the channel that I am viewing, without an STB,so the ES10 is of little use as a standalone unit with an Integrated TV! Pity I just sold my Pioneer STB thinking I wouldn't have any use for it! May have to go for the ES20 instead.
Thanks for your help :clap:

I don't have an IDTV set but if I did I think I would use it just for viewing one of the freeview channels. Any freeview recordings I would make using either my Panasonic DMR-ES20D or the standard DMR-ES10 connected to a separate freeview STB. Shame that you sold the STB but you can purchase a cheap one for around £35 - £40.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom