panasonic eh60deb sat connection

rickyd

Hi
After reading all the good things about this recorder, i decided to take the plunge and purchase one to replace my old vcr, got it home and started to connect up, but my sky box (non sky+) has two scart plugs one for tv and the other for vcr. The instructions on page 13 of the instruction book shows a picture of a sat box being connected but with only one scart!! what happens to that "to vcr " scart on the back of the sky-box? is it now redundant?
Sorry if i sound a bit thick! but this is my first dvd recorder, and i thought that i could just take the leads out of the video and plug straight into the new box, obviously not!! I know i should go and RTFM but this one aint easy to follow.
Any help in setting this baby up would be most appreciated. :lease:
Thank you
Kinza.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
In order to get the best quality recording you want to connect (using good quality Scart cables) as follows:

Sky TV Out >>> AV2 on the Panasonic and then AV1 >>> TV RGB In

...ensure both Sky (Services menu) and the Panasonic (Functions/Others/Setup/Connection) are set to RGB.

If you have sufficient connectivity on your TV you call also connect the VCR Output of your Sky box (which is inferior to the TV Out as it can only output RGB) to Scart 2 on your TV. This would allow you to watch Sky whilst you are recording from the Freeview tuner inside your EH60D.

rickyd

Rasczak said:
In order to get the best quality recording you want to connect (using good quality Scart cables) as follows:

Sky TV Out >>> AV2 on the Panasonic and then AV1 >>> TV RGB In

...ensure both Sky (Services menu) and the Panasonic (Functions/Others/Setup/Connection) are set to RGB.

If you have sufficient connectivity on your TV you call also connect the VCR Output of your Sky box (which is inferior to the TV Out as it can only output RGB) to Scart 2 on your TV. This would allow you to watch Sky whilst you are recording from the Freeview tuner inside your EH60D.
Thanks Rasczak
I wish the inst book would say it as plain as you did! Now my other problem that i am having,
is being able to pipe freeview to the bedroom tellys from the panny! Which i have had no problems with in the past with the videos!
I think that it has something to do with the RF tuning? but my head hurts now with trying to make sense of the instruction book that came with the panny :confused: Can anyone help in the "RF" dept? :lease:

rickyd

:thumbsup: I have now sorted the RF thingy! my kids are very happy, they now get sky, freeview and dvd piped to their tv's :thumbsup: Havent told them yet that i am geting rid of sky :eek: Now that i have done all the setting up, i spose i should now learn how to start recording things :rotfl:
Kinza.

Top Bottom