1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic EH50 Up early in the morning...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MattDX, Oct 4, 2005.

1. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Last 3 days running my Panny DMREH50 has started accessing the hard disc at 5:00 am! I know this as it's the in the bedroom and wakes me slightly. Anybody got an idea of what it's up to?

And I'm not recording anything! :D

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    My DMR-ES20D starts up around 3 a.m. each day, if I leave it on standby. It does this to download the EPG. Likewise my Digifusion FVRT 150 PVR also downloads the 14 day EPG between 0300 and 0500 from 4TV interactive.

3. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Though the EH50 doesn't have Freeview... Maybe it's auto clocksetting? Though would that need the HDD? Mind you, the drive does spin up just coming out of standby. An automatic check for new firmware isn't really a possibility, is it, since that is transmitted over Freeview, generally...

4. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    the unit isn't actually connected up to the TV aeriel - it's only connection is an RGB Scart feed from the freeview box.

5. g0pkh

g0pkh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it starting up in EXTLINK mode, and actually trying to record something ?

Just a thought, as there was a firmware bug on the first few batches of this recorder.

6. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I have no idea what EXTLINK is - however nothing new is appearing on the HDD in my list of recorded programs

7. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    mine does the exact same, at about 5.14am. i know the exact time as like you was woken by these strange sounds & set the alarm to see exactly what it does when it comes on. still not sure what it does but it lasts for a half minute or so