Panasonic EH50 - recording from Sky Digibox question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kwebbotaurus, Jun 3, 2005.

1. kwebbotaurus

kwebbotaurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    when recording from a Digibox, can you record in RGB if you set the timer on the recorder to record from the AV socket (with the Digibox attached) and set up the switching of the channels on the digibox via personal planner with auto view on?

And...

Is anywhere selling the EH50 with updated firmware (+multi-region) online?

2. lordnoize

lordnoize
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The RGB scart on sky will not pass the channel changing info to sky, but you gain the better picture quality

the non-rgb scart on sky will pass the channel changing info but at the expense of picture quality

plug sky to the dvd recorder by the RGB scarts, dvd to tv via RGB scart, set the dvd recorder to record sky from whenever to whenever, and let the sky personal planner take care of channel switching. there will be a pass through so you can watch skytv without the dvd needing to be on

Qlink may work by RGB though...
    but make sure you select the tv to output qlink to the appropriate scart socket

3. spannersuk

spannersuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to have a look at an EH50 yesterday – I have not bought it yet as I would like to understand if I can I put in videoplus codes in the EH50 and get the EH50 to change the skybox channels. I have a Panasonic skybox TU-DSB30. What is Qlink - does either the EH50 or TU-DSB30 have it? Thanks