Panasonic EH50 Prices

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Shaggybert, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I went in to my local AV retailer this weekend to ask about the EH50.

I was told that the recorder was going to be released on the 8th of april (or at least that is when Panasonic are hoping to get stock!???!

I was also told that upon release, the price will be increased by a further £50!!!!!! Apparently due to increasing material costs.

Has anyone else heard anything like this??

2. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shaggybert

The EH50 is already out - I bought mine last week for £325 from a shop@panasonic store !! :thumbsup:

If you look on the web you will see that this is available for around this price in many outlets. e.g.: -

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront/EN/product/DMREH50MR

http://www.webelectricals.co.uk/cgi-bin/webelectricals.storefront/EN/Product/1038
    www.digital-point.co.uk

I think the person you were talking to is either bulls@#*ing you :nono: or has not got a clue. :thumbsdow

Personally, I'd walk out and never go back to a place like that (I had a similar experience with one of my local shop@panasonic stores where he said it wasn't out yet and when I told him it was physically in stock at two of his competitors he said "Oh that one!" and when I asked him the price he said "good question" - it was but the answer was not - hence he didn't get my sale.

By the way - great machine and I have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities as just haven't had the time to really sit down and play/learn yet.

Happy hunting.

3. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I hate to admit it, but I think your probably right.

I used to trust the bloke. He has given me some very good deals in the past, but this one just didn't sound right to me.

Thanks for the reply.