1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic EH50 makes sound fading while edit

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ArtS, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I know, when Panasonic DMR-EH50 cuts title into parts it adds sound fade in cutting place.

1. Could it be off?
    2. Does it occur on playlist or titles?

And additionally:
    3. What about other recorders, do they do the same?
    (I think of Pioneer or Sony new models).

(Some additional explanation)
    What is sound fade? It is when sound volume level decreases to zero level just before cut place and increases to normal level just after the cut place.
    As I know, Panasonic EH50 does this effect and I would like to know if it can be disabled. I read about this effect in EH50 review, but I don't know if it is more or less audible.

Thanks in advance

2. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,701
    If the set up options are similar to my Panny 500 and other Panny's I have owned, and I think they probably are. You need to set ' seamless play ' to off in the set up menu.
    You will not lose/fade any sound then, but - play will not be seamless. There will be a very small (but noticeable) pause at every cut or edit.

3. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve

It sounds that Panasonic doesn't make pernament sound fades. It does sound fade while playback only.

I wonder if when I transfer edited title to DVD-RW, then to my PC, there will be no sound fades. Can anyone confirm that?

By the way, as I know, EH50 have the seamless playback too.

ArtS