Panasonic EH 83 for Zimbabwe

Zimbo

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought an EH83 thinking I could use it to record from my satellite decoder here in Zimbabwe. From my efforts it appears to be pretty much hard wired to receive only British programmes. Is there a work around or trick I can use to get it to receive or do I just have an expensive DVD player? Zimbo

I bought an EH83 thinking I could use it to record from my satellite decoder here in Zimbabwe. From my efforts it appears to be pretty much hard wired to receive only British programmes. Is there a work around or trick I can use to get it to receive or do I just have an expensive DVD player? Zimbo
Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean an EX83?

If your satellite decoder has suitable outputs ... [scart?]... then you should be able to feed into the AV2 scart socket of the EX83 and record that way.

I have no idea what kind of local broadcasting system exists in Zimbabwe and it is quite likely to be different from the UK system ....but for sure, the EX83 can only receive terrestrial broadcasts, certainly not satellite broadcasts... but if you have a satellite receiver, it doesn't need to.

Thanks for reply, you're quite right, model is EX not EH. Problem now solved so I don't know what I had done wrong. Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom