Panasonic E95H

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BobbyZ, Sep 16, 2005.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have a problem with my E95H or maybe it's just a feature. :confused:
    When using the timer function and the recording takes place when I am not home - no problem. The problem only occurs if I come home during a recording or I want to use the timer for a recording while watching it. This is because as soon as the E95H starts recording it blocks off the signal to the TV until recording has finished. This is annoying because it often happens that I will want to record a program for future use or I have to go to bed before the program finishes. I then want to use the timer function for recording.

My big wish for a machine would be that you could easily programme the machine to record another hour or two or 5.

Has anyone got a solution to this?

2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    The timer mode thing is a 'feature' of all Panasonic recorders, even the new ones. I have an E95 and that's definitely the worst thing about them.

There are ways around it. If you turn the machine ON while it's doing a timed recording then it no longer blocks off the signal to the TV. I leave mine OFF and in timer mode most of the time - I only turn it on when I want to play something or watch what it's currently recording.

If something comes on that you want to record but haven't set a timer for, you can make it record for a certain amount of time - just use the 'record' button on the front of the machine instead of the one on the remote. If you press it once it will record until you press 'stop', but if you press it again it will record for half an hour. Press it a third time and it will record for 90 mins, four times = 120 mins etc. etc. I think 3 hours is the max though - if you press it again after that it goes back to 'normal' recording.

I don't think there's a way that you can extend a timer recording though. The best you could do would be to program another recording to start just afterwards, although I don't know whether you can set new timers while it's recording.

What were Panasonic thinking? All that effort into making it a great machine and they lumber it with timer mode. Boo!

3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nelviticus. I owe you a drink, or 2 or 10. Very valuable information for me! :clap:

4. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add that the only thing you can do while a timer recording is in progress is to watch a dvd or a title on the HD. All other functions seem to be unavailable.