1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E95 Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mfuller, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Mfuller

Mfuller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic E95. I have a dvd that I am trying to copy to the internal disk. It has no copyright protection of any kind as it's a DVD that was custom made for me by Digital Forge.

The actual video transfers without a problem, but I cannot get the DD audio over. If I play the DvD from the drive, the DD is perfect, but as soon as I dub the track to the internal disk, I loose the DD. The audio sounds like stereo once it's on the internal disk.

So, anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers

Marc

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, feature, audio encoding only L+R, these machines are not designed for duplication purposes, you will need to burn on PC with a ripper program, but maybe possible with E500, but unsure about that cause I don't have one!, but E500 does have 5.1 output, so maybe ??

3. Mfuller

Mfuller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your joking right ?

So there's no way to copy a Dolby Digital video from the drive bay, to the internal disk ?

In the manual, on page 49, it says...

Now that says to me, that it *should*.

4. Mfuller

Mfuller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, come to think of it, I am positive I have transferred Dolby Digital to the internal disk. I once copied one of the Dolby Digital trailers to the internal disk from a DVD and that played perfectly. Sorry Ptek, I think you may be wrong on this one.

Cheers

Marc

5. recorders4u

recorders4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mfuller

Ok. But where do you select which of the many audio tracks from the DVD you wan't to copy to the harddrive? There may be several tracks of DD5.1, DTS and stereo stored on disk.

I would be very supprised if the Panny recorders handles anything but plain stereo. Dolby Digital 2.0 though (2 channels of audio) but not the DD 5.1 (6 channels of audio).

/Lars

http://www.recordere.dk - Danish site for DVD- & HDD-recorders

6. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    AFAIK there are currently no DVD recorders that can record in DD 5.1. The E65 I have can only manage DD2.0 and I suspect the E95 is the same.

Wackojacko32

7. recorders4u

recorders4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wackojacko

You're definitely right when it comes to recording. The only recorder I've heard of recording DD 5.1 is the Philips DVDR-740. This model was announced more than a year ago, and we may never see it. :eek:

But there where a little hope, that the recorder from Panasonic would handle 5.1 sound when copying from DVD to HDD. A very little hope, since it doesn't handle 5.1 sound any other way ... But from what I know its stereo only (Dolby Digital 2.0). Also on harddrive, even if supplied from other sources than recording.

/Lars

http://www.recordere.dk - Danish site for DVD- & HDD-recorders