1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E95 HDD Size

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by eternaldark, Mar 17, 2005.

1. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Just bought a panasonic E95 and in the manual says 70hrs recording at SP, I can get 73hrs 11mins, nice little bonus, anyone else get above the size they were expecting?

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actual times will vary depending on the content of the information being encoded, ie. lots of movement and detail takes more space than a static picture with less detail

3. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    What I meant was the size of the HDD before you start recording, i was expecting to see 70hrs on Sp, but it was 73hrs, just wondered if everyone else had larger than expected sizes when they bought it.

4. Mr. 24

Mr. 24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear eternaldark

i have a panasonic E85 dvd recorder with 80 GB Harddrive and when i should get 68 hours on long play i get when empty a time of 71 hours and 52 minutes.

regards

5. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps,the 73 hrs 11 minutes, does not include HDD TOC management on a fresh drive, so maybe a maxium of 70 hrs in a single recording and even less with multiple edits and chapters, just a thought!