Panasonic E95 connection problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tricky2, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Tricky2

Tricky2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have an old Sony TV 25" with one scart socket! When I bought my new E95 I connected up as follows:-

TV scart to AV1 on E95.............then AV2 to Digi box (matsui).

This worked great..........unit I was watching the digi box........when the E95
    kicked in using a timed program.........it then stopped the viewing of the digi box...........should this happen???? where am I going wrong????

:rolleyes:

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    They all do that when you're using timer record it blanks the screen, to watch the digibox when you have set the timer, put the E95 into standby or connect the digibox to another input as well so you can select it when you're recording (ie digibox - composite connect) that way you would be able to watch the digibox while unit is in timer mode. But personally, I just push standby that way you can watch until it starts recording

3. Tricky2

Tricky2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the reply sory for the nubie query.....but what is composite connect???....are you saying the digi box is both connected to E95 & TV at the same time????

How do you do this......hope you can help.

Regards
    Richard

4. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    The E95 or indeed any panny dvd recorder cuts out the viewing of for instance sky when you press timer record. Composite is just the ariel connection, you could use that to run from the digibox to the ariel connection on your tv so you can watch the digibox on the TV while the E95 is in timer record.

When you set the timer recording going, if you put the E95 in standby you should be able to then watch the digibox no problems

5. Tricky2

Tricky2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I have cured it .......... I do have a scart switching unit......the matsui has two scarts TV & Video loop...........I ran a scart from the video out on the matsui and put this into my scart switch and the other TV out goes to my E95. Bingo..........when digibox is interupted by recording...... I can simply hit the button on my scart switcher and switch the signal from video out to the telly and bingo......watch it on my TV. Phew...... :clap: