1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85 Tuning

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cashweasel, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Cashweasel

Cashweasel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Hi

I have moved my E85 form one room to anoither and Have lost Tuning info. In Ireland we use VHF as well as UHF so I need to tune in Channells 1-21. Howevere since I moved the E85 I am only getting the option to tune select from 21 to 68?

It did work before! One of the things I tried though was to reset to Shipping Condition.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    As it's been reset to "Shipping Condition" is there an option in "Setup" for "Country"?

3. Cashweasel

Cashweasel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing I can find.

I was wondering if there was something hidden?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    What is the full model no.
    According to the brochure on the Panasonic website the DMRE85HEBSM can only tune CH21-68.

5. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cashweasel how did you get the channels in the first room on the E85??

i have the same problem and am in ireland too using NTL basic, all i can get is E4 on channel 21. i need channels 0-20!!!!!!!!!!!

6. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I just got one of these last friday and to my surprise it downloaded every thing from my very old telly. It obviously has Q link (whatever it's called) or something similar.
    As I assume that's not working for you, press Function, set up, tuning, manual. ;)

Then again, you could try putting it back in your old room and see if it'll auto tune again.

7. tdlynch

tdlynch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also based in Ireland and have faced a similar issue installing my DMR-EX75. Initially, with scart connected between DVR and TV (you need this to enable Q-link), it was tuning only 21-whatever.

It problem was with the TV - I had to set my Panasonic plasma to send Q-link.

So now when I scan for analog channels, it scans 1-20 and the rest. But it still doesn't pick up anything, I suspect because I bought the DVR in the UK which transmit analog on UHF only. In Ireland, our channels are on VHF mostly.

One step forward, but no closer to the end methinks. :rolleyes:

Has anyone had any joy connecting an NTL digital box to a DMR-EX75, so that the DVR can recognise the NTL channels and control the box? It recognises the output and will record what it's fed, but the DVR just will not control the NTL box :mad:

8. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,579
    The way to do it is the other way around.

Programme the NTL box with your timers and use that to control the DVDR, using the Ext Link mode of the EX75.