1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85 - Recording & Watching

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StumpyBloke, Jan 3, 2005.

1. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have looked through 6 pages of search results and could not find an answer to my question.

I am considering getting a Panasonic E85 DVD recorder - can I watched a pre-recorded DVD whilst recording something (from SKY or terrestrial) to the hard drive? Will this cause any issues with viewing through component outputs, ie can I view the DVD and the recording with the press of a button? Hope that makes sense.

TIA

Richard

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can watch both as long as both are pal, you wouldn't be able to view a region 1 dvd whilst recording from sky.
    It is difficult to flick from one to the other as if you switch from the dvd to the hdd and then back you will start again from the beginning unless you set markers first, and I think you can only do that on the hdd and ram disks.
    Better to have a secondary feed to the tv so that you can still watch sky whilst recording from analogue or another source, then pause the dvd playback and go to the alternate tv input to view the sky prog you are recording, although of course this is not via the recorder, so will be in video quality, not rgb.

3. foster111

foster111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to link a PC to this player??

4. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, no, Fos

5. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: