1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85 Record Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by asimmd, Aug 11, 2004.

1. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All
    Apologies if this has been asked previously. My hard drive is currently empty, when I press the record button, the unit will begin recording,but if there is a delay to the prog starting,say, they run another trailer before starting the movie,how do I get rid of the stuff before the movie starts,before saving to disc?
    Also,When I want to save a film to disc from the hard disc,how do I set a start and end point so I only save the film to disc and not a load of adverts,or other undesirable stuff?
    Many Thanks
    Alan

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    You can use the "Partial Erase" function to actually delete parts of your recording you do not want. Or use the "Playlist" function to specify these edits without deleting anything. :rtfm: and then if you need further detail we will be happy to help ;)

3. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Rasczac
    I have :rtfm: and all I succeeded in doing was erasing the film I had recorded.The manual is not laid out in a logical way,an idiots guide would be appreciated by this idiot.
    Thanks for your Patience,you'll need it
    Cheers
    Alan
    :)

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    How on earth did you manage that? Using Partial Erase is easy. Follow these steps:

1) Go into DIRECT NAVIGATOR

2) Select the programme you have recorded by using the direction keys on your remote

3) Press SUB MENU to get the list of options up

4) Scroll down to PARTIAL ERASE

5) In the Partial Erase screen use the normal keys (Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind etc) to navigate to where you want to cut and then press ENTER.

6) Repeat for end point of the cut.

7) Now use the arrow keys to select NEXT.

8) It will ask you if your sure, click YES

9) When you done editting select EXIT

Manual page 30/31 refers!

5. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Rasczak
    Many thanks for that,I have no idea how anyone can understand the Manuals,I can't even programme the Video,so I had no chance with this.
    I will try A.S.A.P but look out for more stupid questions.
    Cheers
    Alan
    :suicide:

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I think I found it easy as I was used to editing mini discs in the same way. All you're doing is cutting out chunks of info you don't want. You just have to tell the player the start and end points of this chunk of info so it can delete it. Not really thast difficult once you've done it a few times. Though I admit i did accidently delelete the wrong part of a recording once. :rolleyes: