1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85 Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ScottW75, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ScottW75

ScottW75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
    Hi

I was wondering if the E85 will take the RGB signal from my SKY+ and pass it through the component outs to my Plasma? It would obviously not pass through as RGB but does it convert it to component??

Also, having never had a recorder before how does the picture and sound quality compare to playback only machines?

I have a HK2550 at the moment and think its excellent but would like to be able to record onto DVD and couldnt keep both. If the E85 sound or picture quality is less than the HK i wouldn't bother changing it.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Yes it does - only when the unit is on though. It even makes quite a good job of it.

A good general rule is a DVD recorder is about as good as a DVD player half the cost. The doesn't quite ring true for Toshiba which is marginally better than that. Your always going to get better dedicated DVD players though - most of us here have DVD recorders and seperate players.