1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85 Problems !!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pkalva, Dec 1, 2004.

1. pkalva

pkalva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, I'm new to this so please bear with me......I recently managed to get a full refund on my Philips DVDR880 when it went in for repair for the third time in 2 months!!! So I went out an bought a Panny E85 having read all the reviews. That's the history, now to my problem:

My setup is Philips DTR1500 Freeview digibox - Panny E85 - Philips 28PW9618 CRT TV, using scart & co-ax connections. I am experiencing two problems;
    1. The Panny remote appears to be switching the digibox on - funny that as the boxs remote doesn't - you have to physically switch it on. I believe that I should be able to put this right by changing the remote setting as per manual.

2. I am finding that when the Panny launches into recording on timer, it is somehow switching on the digibox - the leds are flashing from red(off) to amber & red(standby) to green(on) and back to red...I woulddn't mind this but, because of the scart connectors, the TV is switching from AV1 to AV2 a number of times which means I loose the DVD picture during all the AV switching. This also happens when I am playing a recording from the HD.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp - This is driving me mad !!!! :suicide:

2. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What way have you get all this equipment connected?

3. pkalva

pkalva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello again, sorry about delay had to find torch to see connections!!

Roof Aerial -> Digibox "RF In" co-ax
    Digibox "RF Out" -> E85 "RF In" co-ax
    E85 "RF Out" -> TV "Aerial In" co-ax

Digibox "TV Scart" -> TV "Ext 1" scart
    Digibox "VHS Scart" -> E85 "AV 2" scart
    E85 "AV1" -> TV "Ext2" scart

I think this set-up is in line with the manuals I have for the different equipment ??

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Peter :thumbsup:

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Don't Philips have their own equipment linking system? Could be that the digibox is responding to the E85 timer. Maybe you can make the E85 turn on the digibix for you when you want to record Freeview programs?....

If the TV has Smartlink, Qlink or equivalent it may well react to the E85 and/or the digibox turning on too.

5. pkalva

pkalva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yep, Philips do use qlink/cinema-link to enable auto-switching between the different inputs. However, I have set the Panny and Digibox up to use "Easy Link/Easy Record" in that the Digibox timer starts up the E85 when I use the "Ext Link" button on the E85 remote.

These problems are occuring when I'm recording terrestrial programmes as well as when playing recordings back - it's as though the E85 is sending signals to the Digibox via the scart.......maybe there's something I've missed in the E85 manual to switch these off??

6. pkalva

pkalva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Guys,

I've spent a couple of hours fighting with this problem and failing!!!! :devil:

I've tried every variant of the AV2 settings on the E85 and ended up with sound only, so went back to my old settings.

I have just looked at a new thread "Newbie - Panasonoic E85", where he makes mention to hooking up a satellite receiver to AV1 - is this not for TV only ?

If not, could someone tell me which thread I need to look at.

**** As a last resort I may just disconnect the scart ***** :thumbsdow

Please help me someone :clap: