1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic e85 multi-region?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by yetiuk, Apr 16, 2004.

1. yetiuk

yetiuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Is the e85 multiregion out of the box, or do you need to get it chipped?

It is a bit worrying to hear about lipsync problems, I was almost ready to take the plunge.

Thanks

Yeti

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The lipsync on panasonics isn't a problem, its a feature of how they process the sound and video seperately, which can allow them to get out of sync if the video is "busy". It all comes together in the recording when it is linked correctly and put in sync.
    It is only an issue to anyone who has to watch the recording live, eg to press pause for ads etc. If you can watch in catch up mode you are only 7 seconds behind live and everything will be perfectly in sync.

Certainly not a reason to go elsewhere as the other advantages are huge, such as rgb in and out.

3. p.booth

p.booth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    My e85 was made to be MR by the retailer.. It was done either by disk or using a remoteby them.It certainly wasn`t Mr out of the box. But certainly was when I received it from the retailer,(If you know what I mean)Sorry I haven`t had my pills yet.
    :D