Panasonic E85 and Toshiba x32 questions.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davidcotton, Nov 3, 2004.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

I've managed to narrow down my buying decision to one of the above two machines. Couple of quick questions though if I may?

a) How noisy are the two players? Its going in a bedroom where I have to sleep at night and obviously don't want it too loud.

b)Do either or the above machines (or indeed ANY) dvd/hdd recorders have digital outputs on them? This could very well swing the decision as I want to connect to an external dac (which I already own)and then route thru to amp (only running 2.1, no room for more :( )

Any other models reccomended? If the hdd IS too noisy then would a combo of the panny e55/sky plus work nearly as well? I'm not intending to record loads but as the video is about to pack up I figured that I'd replace it with a recorder of some sort, oh one last thing, does the panny e55 have digital out?

Cheers.

David Cotton

2. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Why would you leave it on while sleeping?

Granted I do most of my archiving over night though!

3. keithyboy

keithyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i've got the Panny E85. The fan/hdd isn't that noticeable unless starting up when switching on or when finalizing dvd's.

The E85 also has digital out (optical tos-link) and possibly co-ax but i cant remeber off the top of my head at the mo.

4. skyline32

skyline32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My RDXS-32 is quite noisy in a living room environment. I wouldn't have it in a bedroom.

5. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When mine's on it makes about the same noise as my old VCR made when it was recording (or playing).

When its on standby its silent

Steve

6. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get the Toshiba. It is quiet. It also has optical AND coaixial digital outputs (the Panny only has optical) as well as composite (white and red) analogue.