Panasonic E80H and DVD-RAMs?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cae, Feb 3, 2005.

1. cae

cae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an E80H and I want to archive some programs to DVD in the highest quality possible. In the dubbing menu, I notice that for DVD-RAMs I get a high speed transfer option and the transfers are indicated in megabytes. On the other hand, for DVD-Rs I need to pick a quality setting and the transfers are indicated in units of time. This is giving me the impression that if I use DVD-RAMs I will be getting no quality loss from the HDD to the disc (since it appears to just be a file transfer instead of a resampling). Am I understanding things correctly? Is DVD-RAM my highest quality option?

2. Kabelnet

Kabelnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you use high-speed mode, the quality of video will not changed, it is depending on the settings of the original recording. The recorder copies the file which contains the video from one medio to another - therefore it uses the size of file (mbyte).

If you use not high speed copy, the recorder 'plays' (decodes) the original file and 'records' (compresses again) its contents to the other media. You can set the quality on the new media independently from the quality of the original record. (Of course you can set better quality on the output media - but it will net better than the source.)