Panasonic E75 (DVD/VHS) recorder ???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SAINTSFAN, Jun 30, 2004.

1. SAINTSFAN

SAINTSFAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any info on this? It looked like a pretty good model for a newbie like me. However, what are the positives/negatives? I want to copy home moves to a DVD media that I can share with relatives. However, I would also like to somehow make it whereby they can go to certain parts of the DVD to see certain events. Does this model allow you to "chapter" the events so that the viewer will see certain areas they can click on to go to that event (like a movie)? If not, what model should I look at for that.

This particular model is also relatively inexpensive at around US$400. Is that a good deal?

2. SAINTSFAN

SAINTSFAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one???? :lease:

3. SAINTSFAN

SAINTSFAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one has any knowledge of this system???

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    SAINTSFAN,

Are you in the US/Canada by chance? This is a UK based forum and if you are from North America this probably isn't the best place to get advice. Generally speaking the machines released here have less features and different specifications than the US models. The E75 has only just been released here - it has had a few good reviews in magazines such as What Video & Widescreen Entertainment. However, due to differing features between the regions, these probably aren't that relevant to you. May I suggest the forums at VideoHelp ( http://www.videohelp.com/ ) or AVS Forum ( http://www.avsforum.com/ )? These are primarily US based.

The positives of a VHS/DVDR combo over seperates can be summerised as:
    - Easy, problem free dubbing between VHS <> DVDR
    - Can watch VHS in progressive scan!

The negatives:
    - Copyrighted VHS/DVDs can't easily be copied
    - You can't guarantee your getting the best DVDR and the best VCR.

5. SAINTSFAN

SAINTSFAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I am from the US. I will give one of those sites a try. Thanks